Mar 29, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
When Philadelphia Flyers forward Steve Downie collided into St. Louis’ Patrik Berglund on March 22, the concern was that he might be out for a while given his concussion history. However, it looks like that worst case scenario won’t be realized.
Just a week after going down, Downie joined the Flyers’ practice this morning.
“I feel pretty good, actually,” Downie told CSN Philly. “I’m almost ready. Nothing’s really bothering me, there’s just a couple more steps I need to take.”
It’s worth noting that the Flyers have never confirmed that Downie has a concussion, although they have been handling the situation as if he sustained one. Officially he’s out with an upper-body injury.
Despite Downie’s optimism, Flyers coach Craig Berube said he’s still day-to-day.
Philadelphia will play against Boston at 12:30 p.m. ET tomorrow on NBCSN.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)