Mar 29, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
When Philadelphia Flyers forward Steve Downie collided into St. Louis’ Patrik Berglund on March 22, the concern was that he might be out for a while given his concussion history. However, it looks like that worst case scenario won’t be realized.
Just a week after going down, Downie joined the Flyers’ practice this morning.
“I feel pretty good, actually,” Downie told CSN Philly. “I’m almost ready. Nothing’s really bothering me, there’s just a couple more steps I need to take.”
It’s worth noting that the Flyers have never confirmed that Downie has a concussion, although they have been handling the situation as if he sustained one. Officially he’s out with an upper-body injury.
Despite Downie’s optimism, Flyers coach Craig Berube said he’s still day-to-day.
Philadelphia will play against Boston at 12:30 p.m. ET tomorrow on NBCSN.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)