Mar 29, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
When Philadelphia Flyers forward Steve Downie collided into St. Louis’ Patrik Berglund on March 22, the concern was that he might be out for a while given his concussion history. However, it looks like that worst case scenario won’t be realized.
Just a week after going down, Downie joined the Flyers’ practice this morning.
“I feel pretty good, actually,” Downie told CSN Philly. “I’m almost ready. Nothing’s really bothering me, there’s just a couple more steps I need to take.”
It’s worth noting that the Flyers have never confirmed that Downie has a concussion, although they have been handling the situation as if he sustained one. Officially he’s out with an upper-body injury.
Despite Downie’s optimism, Flyers coach Craig Berube said he’s still day-to-day.
Philadelphia will play against Boston at 12:30 p.m. ET tomorrow on NBCSN.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)