Mar 29, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
When Philadelphia Flyers forward Steve Downie collided into St. Louis’ Patrik Berglund on March 22, the concern was that he might be out for a while given his concussion history. However, it looks like that worst case scenario won’t be realized.
Just a week after going down, Downie joined the Flyers’ practice this morning.
“I feel pretty good, actually,” Downie told CSN Philly. “I’m almost ready. Nothing’s really bothering me, there’s just a couple more steps I need to take.”
It’s worth noting that the Flyers have never confirmed that Downie has a concussion, although they have been handling the situation as if he sustained one. Officially he’s out with an upper-body injury.
Despite Downie’s optimism, Flyers coach Craig Berube said he’s still day-to-day.
Philadelphia will play against Boston at 12:30 p.m. ET tomorrow on NBCSN.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 9
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 14
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)