Mar 29, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
When Dany Heatley signed his six-year, $45 million contract, he was one of the league’s top forwards. As he reaches the end of that deal, the 33-year-old is having trouble just staying in the lineup.
Heatley has seen his role with Minnesota marginalized this season to reflect his diminishing offensive production over the last four years. He’ll hit a new low tonight though as the Wild plan on making him a healthy scratch against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Heatley was one of six players to participate in all of Minnesota’s first 74 games. He also has 27 points and a team-worst minus-18 rating.
This is a big game for both teams as the Wild have just a one-point lead over Phoenix in the battle for the first Wild Card spot. Minnesota has lost two straight games and has won just three of its last 12 contests.
#mnwild lines: Parise-Koivu-Coyle;Nino-Granlund-Pominville (top 2 lines reunited);Moulson-Brodziak-Fontaine;Veilleux-Haula-Cooke
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) March 29, 2014
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (47)