Mar 29, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
When Dany Heatley signed his six-year, $45 million contract, he was one of the league’s top forwards. As he reaches the end of that deal, the 33-year-old is having trouble just staying in the lineup.
Heatley has seen his role with Minnesota marginalized this season to reflect his diminishing offensive production over the last four years. He’ll hit a new low tonight though as the Wild plan on making him a healthy scratch against the Phoenix Coyotes, according to the Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Heatley was one of six players to participate in all of Minnesota’s first 74 games. He also has 27 points and a team-worst minus-18 rating.
This is a big game for both teams as the Wild have just a one-point lead over Phoenix in the battle for the first Wild Card spot. Minnesota has lost two straight games and has won just three of its last 12 contests.
#mnwild lines: Parise-Koivu-Coyle;Nino-Granlund-Pominville (top 2 lines reunited);Moulson-Brodziak-Fontaine;Veilleux-Haula-Cooke
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) March 29, 2014
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)