Mar 28, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
Well, that was quick.
Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk scored only four seconds into the second period of Friday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers, setting a new franchise record for the fastest goal in a period.
The goal was technically at even strength, three seconds after Zac Rinaldo finished serving a too many men on the ice minor that carried over from late in the first period. Right off the faceoff at center ice, Tyler Bozak sent van Riemsdyk in alone down the left side, and he beat Steve Mason on the glove side.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)