Mar 28, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
Well, that was quick.
Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk scored only four seconds into the second period of Friday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers, setting a new franchise record for the fastest goal in a period.
The goal was technically at even strength, three seconds after Zac Rinaldo finished serving a too many men on the ice minor that carried over from late in the first period. Right off the faceoff at center ice, Tyler Bozak sent van Riemsdyk in alone down the left side, and he beat Steve Mason on the glove side.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9