Mar 28, 2014, 8:41 PM EST
Well, that was quick.
Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk scored only four seconds into the second period of Friday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers, setting a new franchise record for the fastest goal in a period.
The goal was technically at even strength, three seconds after Zac Rinaldo finished serving a too many men on the ice minor that carried over from late in the first period. Right off the faceoff at center ice, Tyler Bozak sent van Riemsdyk in alone down the left side, and he beat Steve Mason on the glove side.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 1
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 11
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56