Mar 28, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
Steven Stamkos had to wait until the seventh round of the shootout, before unleashing a sweet spin-o-rama move and scoring in the skills competition.
The Tampa Bay Lightning captain sped in, threw on the breaks, spun around and went to the backhand for the goal on New York Islanders goalie Evgeni Nabokov. The Lightning went on to win by a final score of 3-2, although the shootout wasn’t decided until Sami Salo scored in the 13th round.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8