Mar 28, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
Steven Stamkos had to wait until the seventh round of the shootout, before unleashing a sweet spin-o-rama move and scoring in the skills competition.
The Tampa Bay Lightning captain sped in, threw on the breaks, spun around and went to the backhand for the goal on New York Islanders goalie Evgeni Nabokov. The Lightning went on to win by a final score of 3-2, although the shootout wasn’t decided until Sami Salo scored in the 13th round.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5