Mar 28, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
It was a big game for the St. Louis Blues, and particularly for T.J. Oshie.
The Blues’ forward recorded his first career hat trick (you can see the video below) to help St. Louis to a thorough 5-1 win over the struggling Minnesota Wild. The 27-year-old Oshie, who was the hero for the U.S. in that memorable shootout win over Russia at the Sochi Olympics, is now up to 21 goals in the regular season for St. Louis.
He also has six points in his last two games. The Blues have also jumped to 107 points, which puts them one ahead of the Boston Bruins, victorious tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks, in the race for the Presidents’ Trophy.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 23
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)