Mar 28, 2014, 1:10 AM EDT
It was a big game for the St. Louis Blues, and particularly for T.J. Oshie.
The Blues’ forward recorded his first career hat trick (you can see the video below) to help St. Louis to a thorough 5-1 win over the struggling Minnesota Wild. The 27-year-old Oshie, who was the hero for the U.S. in that memorable shootout win over Russia at the Sochi Olympics, is now up to 21 goals in the regular season for St. Louis.
He also has six points in his last two games. The Blues have also jumped to 107 points, which puts them one ahead of the Boston Bruins, victorious tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks, in the race for the Presidents’ Trophy.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)