Mar 28, 2014, 1:10 AM EDT
It was a big game for the St. Louis Blues, and particularly for T.J. Oshie.
The Blues’ forward recorded his first career hat trick (you can see the video below) to help St. Louis to a thorough 5-1 win over the struggling Minnesota Wild. The 27-year-old Oshie, who was the hero for the U.S. in that memorable shootout win over Russia at the Sochi Olympics, is now up to 21 goals in the regular season for St. Louis.
He also has six points in his last two games. The Blues have also jumped to 107 points, which puts them one ahead of the Boston Bruins, victorious tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks, in the race for the Presidents’ Trophy.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (63)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)