Mar 28, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Things got heated between the struggling Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators on Friday.
Shaw was given a major penalty for spearing, a roughing minor and a game misconduct. Smith received minor penalties for roughing and slashing. The Blackhawks fell behind by three goals in the second period and eventually lost by a final score of 5-3.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18