Mar 28, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Things got heated between the struggling Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators on Friday.
Shaw was given a major penalty for spearing, a roughing minor and a game misconduct. Smith received minor penalties for roughing and slashing. The Blackhawks fell behind by three goals in the second period and eventually lost by a final score of 5-3.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25