Mar 28, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Things got heated between the struggling Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators on Friday.
Shaw was given a major penalty for spearing, a roughing minor and a game misconduct. Smith received minor penalties for roughing and slashing. The Blackhawks fell behind by three goals in the second period and eventually lost by a final score of 5-3.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5