Mar 28, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres and head coach Ted Nolan have finalized terms on a contract extension believed to be for three years, according to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet.
The Sabres have not made an official announcement, although, according to Kypreos, that’s expected next week.
That would remove the interim title from Nolan’s current position. He was hired as part of that major shake-up within the organization in the middle of November.
The Sabres, which also now have a new general manager in Tim Murray, still remain at the bottom of the Eastern Conference and National Hockey League standings, with 20 wins and 48 points. They also have only one win in their last 10 games.
Last week, it was reported that Nolan, a Jack Adams winner as the NHL’s coach of the year in 1997 and the bench boss for Latvia at the 2014 Sochi Olympics, and the Sabres were closing in on a three contract extension.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 15
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 16
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 17
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)