Mar 28, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
“I feel great,” Peverley said, per the Stars’ Twitter feed. “Under instructions from doctors, I’ve been able to work out again.”
“I went on the ice yesterday. My goal would be to come back.”-Peverley on possibility of coming back. He says he will take time to decide.
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) March 28, 2014
Peverley, 31, collapsed due to a cardiac incident midway through the first period of a game on Mar. 10 against Columbus, which the Blue Jackets led 1-0 at the time. This came after Peverley missed the preseason and Dallas’ season opener because of a procedure to correct an irregular heartbeat — two weeks prior to the collapse, he’d also been briefly held out of action as a precautionary measure because he “felt strange” following a game.
Two days following the incident versus Columbus, the Stars announced that Peverley would not return to play this season and, on Mar. 19, he underwent the aforementioned corrective procedure.
According to Dr. Robert Dimeff, the Stars’ director of medical services, Peverley’s heart will continued to monitored as his workouts go on.
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 20
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)