Mar 28, 2014, 7:34 PM EST
“I feel great,” Peverley said, per the Stars’ Twitter feed. “Under instructions from doctors, I’ve been able to work out again.”
“I went on the ice yesterday. My goal would be to come back.”-Peverley on possibility of coming back. He says he will take time to decide.
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) March 28, 2014
Peverley, 31, collapsed due to a cardiac incident midway through the first period of a game on Mar. 10 against Columbus, which the Blue Jackets led 1-0 at the time. This came after Peverley missed the preseason and Dallas’ season opener because of a procedure to correct an irregular heartbeat — two weeks prior to the collapse, he’d also been briefly held out of action as a precautionary measure because he “felt strange” following a game.
Two days following the incident versus Columbus, the Stars announced that Peverley would not return to play this season and, on Mar. 19, he underwent the aforementioned corrective procedure.
According to Dr. Robert Dimeff, the Stars’ director of medical services, Peverley’s heart will continued to monitored as his workouts go on.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)