Mar 28, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
“I feel great,” Peverley said, per the Stars’ Twitter feed. “Under instructions from doctors, I’ve been able to work out again.”
“I went on the ice yesterday. My goal would be to come back.”-Peverley on possibility of coming back. He says he will take time to decide.
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) March 28, 2014
Peverley, 31, collapsed due to a cardiac incident midway through the first period of a game on Mar. 10 against Columbus, which the Blue Jackets led 1-0 at the time. This came after Peverley missed the preseason and Dallas’ season opener because of a procedure to correct an irregular heartbeat — two weeks prior to the collapse, he’d also been briefly held out of action as a precautionary measure because he “felt strange” following a game.
Two days following the incident versus Columbus, the Stars announced that Peverley would not return to play this season and, on Mar. 19, he underwent the aforementioned corrective procedure.
According to Dr. Robert Dimeff, the Stars’ director of medical services, Peverley’s heart will continued to monitored as his workouts go on.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)