Mar 28, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
“I feel great,” Peverley said, per the Stars’ Twitter feed. “Under instructions from doctors, I’ve been able to work out again.”
“I went on the ice yesterday. My goal would be to come back.”-Peverley on possibility of coming back. He says he will take time to decide.
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) March 28, 2014
Peverley, 31, collapsed due to a cardiac incident midway through the first period of a game on Mar. 10 against Columbus, which the Blue Jackets led 1-0 at the time. This came after Peverley missed the preseason and Dallas’ season opener because of a procedure to correct an irregular heartbeat — two weeks prior to the collapse, he’d also been briefly held out of action as a precautionary measure because he “felt strange” following a game.
Two days following the incident versus Columbus, the Stars announced that Peverley would not return to play this season and, on Mar. 19, he underwent the aforementioned corrective procedure.
According to Dr. Robert Dimeff, the Stars’ director of medical services, Peverley’s heart will continued to monitored as his workouts go on.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)