Mar 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will give former St. Lawrence University sniper Matt Carey his NHL debut tonight, inserting him into the lineup against the Senators in Ottawa.
Carey, 22, signed a two-year deal with the ‘Hawks as an undrafted free agent following his freshman campaign with St. Lawrence, in which he scored 37 points in 38 games. He shared the team lead in goals (18), while ranking second in points and power play goals (11).
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4