Mar 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will give former St. Lawrence University sniper Matt Carey his NHL debut tonight, inserting him into the lineup against the Senators in Ottawa.
Carey, 22, signed a two-year deal with the ‘Hawks as an undrafted free agent following his freshman campaign with St. Lawrence, in which he scored 37 points in 38 games. He shared the team lead in goals (18), while ranking second in points and power play goals (11).
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 4
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 6
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 8
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 37
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8