Mar 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will give former St. Lawrence University sniper Matt Carey his NHL debut tonight, inserting him into the lineup against the Senators in Ottawa.
Carey, 22, signed a two-year deal with the ‘Hawks as an undrafted free agent following his freshman campaign with St. Lawrence, in which he scored 37 points in 38 games. He shared the team lead in goals (18), while ranking second in points and power play goals (11).
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40