Mar 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will give former St. Lawrence University sniper Matt Carey his NHL debut tonight, inserting him into the lineup against the Senators in Ottawa.
Carey, 22, signed a two-year deal with the ‘Hawks as an undrafted free agent following his freshman campaign with St. Lawrence, in which he scored 37 points in 38 games. He shared the team lead in goals (18), while ranking second in points and power play goals (11).
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6