Mar 28, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Dan Ellis will start in goal versus the Habs, while Scott Clemmensen was called up from AHL San Antonio under emergency conditions.
Luongo was bowled over by Carolina forward Radek Dvorak just 12:48 into Florida’s eventual 3-0 loss last night, sending Luongo into the net while knocking it of its moorings. Luongo finished the period but left during the intermission, finishing with 11 saves on 12 shots.
Here’s the collision:
Dvorak was given a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct for the incident, but said afterward the collision wasn’t intentional.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22