Mar 28, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
From the New York Rangers:
It was reported earlier in the week that Kreider could miss up to a month with a broken hand. It’s not clear if “indefinitely” could mean longer than that.
However long he’s out, the Rangers will miss him. The 22-year-old winger has 17 goals and 20 assists in 66 games, his 37 points ranking him sixth in team scoring.
Winners of five straight, New York is currently in a battle with Philadelphia for second place in the Metropolitan Division, a spot that would come with home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs against whichever team finishes third.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)