Mar 28, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
From the New York Rangers:
It was reported earlier in the week that Kreider could miss up to a month with a broken hand. It’s not clear if “indefinitely” could mean longer than that.
However long he’s out, the Rangers will miss him. The 22-year-old winger has 17 goals and 20 assists in 66 games, his 37 points ranking him sixth in team scoring.
Winners of five straight, New York is currently in a battle with Philadelphia for second place in the Metropolitan Division, a spot that would come with home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs against whichever team finishes third.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)