Mar 28, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
From the New York Rangers:
It was reported earlier in the week that Kreider could miss up to a month with a broken hand. It’s not clear if “indefinitely” could mean longer than that.
However long he’s out, the Rangers will miss him. The 22-year-old winger has 17 goals and 20 assists in 66 games, his 37 points ranking him sixth in team scoring.
Winners of five straight, New York is currently in a battle with Philadelphia for second place in the Metropolitan Division, a spot that would come with home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs against whichever team finishes third.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 2
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)