Mar 28, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
From the New York Rangers:
It was reported earlier in the week that Kreider could miss up to a month with a broken hand. It’s not clear if “indefinitely” could mean longer than that.
However long he’s out, the Rangers will miss him. The 22-year-old winger has 17 goals and 20 assists in 66 games, his 37 points ranking him sixth in team scoring.
Winners of five straight, New York is currently in a battle with Philadelphia for second place in the Metropolitan Division, a spot that would come with home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs against whichever team finishes third.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)