Mar 28, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Bobrovsky out, McElhinney in
The Jackets are right in the thick of the Eastern Conference wildcard chase and points are at a premium. As such, they’re hoping the journeyman McElhinney — who has been okay this year, with a 9-9-1 record, .909 save percentage and 2.75 GAA — can get the job done in front of the Nationwide Arena faithful.
For Pittsburgh, Marc-Andre Fleury will get the start.
Anderson back for Sens
Craig Anderson will play for the first time in five games tonight when the Sens host the Blackhawks in Ottawa.
Anderson, sidelined by an upper-body injury since Mar. 10, has struggled this year and failed to find the form that saw him finish fourth in Vezina voting last season. He’s currently holding a 21-14-8 record, with a .908 save percentage and 3.10 GAA.
No word yet on who’ll start for the Blackhawks, though Corey Crawford appears likely.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)