Mar 27, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo left Thursday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes for what George Richards of the Miami Herald reported as precautionary reasons, after the Florida Panthers goalie was run into by Radek Dvorak.
The incident occurred in the first period of the Hurricanes’ 3-0 win over the Panthers. Dvorak was driving hard to the net down the right side, but couldn’t stop in time.
He ran right into Luongo, and was then ejected from the game. Dvorak received a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct.
Dvorak seemed contrite about the incident afterward.
“It was not intentional, I tried to stop,’’ Dvorak said, as per the Miami Herald. “That’s not my game. I would never try and hurt the goalie. I got pushed a little and tried to hold up. I kind of felt bad. I never want to hurt anyone out there. It just happened.’’
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)