Mar 27, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Roberto Luongo left Thursday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes for what George Richards of the Miami Herald reported as precautionary reasons, after the Florida Panthers goalie was run into by Radek Dvorak.
The incident occurred in the first period of the Hurricanes’ 3-0 win over the Panthers. Dvorak was driving hard to the net down the right side, but couldn’t stop in time.
He ran right into Luongo, and was then ejected from the game. Dvorak received a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct.
Dvorak seemed contrite about the incident afterward.
“It was not intentional, I tried to stop,’’ Dvorak said, as per the Miami Herald. “That’s not my game. I would never try and hurt the goalie. I got pushed a little and tried to hold up. I kind of felt bad. I never want to hurt anyone out there. It just happened.’’
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)