Mar 27, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Roberto Luongo left Thursday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes for what George Richards of the Miami Herald reported as precautionary reasons, after the Florida Panthers goalie was run into by Radek Dvorak.
The incident occurred in the first period of the Hurricanes’ 3-0 win over the Panthers. Dvorak was driving hard to the net down the right side, but couldn’t stop in time.
He ran right into Luongo, and was then ejected from the game. Dvorak received a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct.
Dvorak seemed contrite about the incident afterward.
“It was not intentional, I tried to stop,’’ Dvorak said, as per the Miami Herald. “That’s not my game. I would never try and hurt the goalie. I got pushed a little and tried to hold up. I kind of felt bad. I never want to hurt anyone out there. It just happened.’’
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)