Mar 27, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
St. Louis gave up a lot to acquire goaltender Ryan Miller from the Buffalo Sabres and he’s excelled with his new team, so it’s no surprise that the Blues want to re-sign him. It remains to be seen if Miller’s plans align.
The Blues have made their intentions clear to Miller’s agent, Mike Liut and don’t want this process to drag to the start of the free agent period on July 1, according to TSN.ca.
The problem is that Miller might want to wait until he gets a better idea of what the market might be like for him.
“The conventional wisdom among the hockey community is that one of the reasons Miller wants to wait until free agency on July 1 is to see if there’s any interest from the Anaheim Ducks,” TSN’s Bob McKenzie said.
He explained that Miller’s interest in the Ducks might be family driven, given that his wife is actress Noureen DeWulf and she spends a lot of time working in Hollywood.
With Ducks goaltender Jonas Hiller‘s contract set to expire this summer, it’s not unreasonable to believe that Anaheim will be interested in Miller’s services.
Regardless of what happens in June or July, Miller is a member of the Blues right now and they are serious contenders for the Stanley Cup with him between the pipes.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 3
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)