Mar 27, 2014, 9:01 AM EST
St. Louis gave up a lot to acquire goaltender Ryan Miller from the Buffalo Sabres and he’s excelled with his new team, so it’s no surprise that the Blues want to re-sign him. It remains to be seen if Miller’s plans align.
The Blues have made their intentions clear to Miller’s agent, Mike Liut and don’t want this process to drag to the start of the free agent period on July 1, according to TSN.ca.
The problem is that Miller might want to wait until he gets a better idea of what the market might be like for him.
“The conventional wisdom among the hockey community is that one of the reasons Miller wants to wait until free agency on July 1 is to see if there’s any interest from the Anaheim Ducks,” TSN’s Bob McKenzie said.
He explained that Miller’s interest in the Ducks might be family driven, given that his wife is actress Noureen DeWulf and she spends a lot of time working in Hollywood.
With Ducks goaltender Jonas Hiller‘s contract set to expire this summer, it’s not unreasonable to believe that Anaheim will be interested in Miller’s services.
Regardless of what happens in June or July, Miller is a member of the Blues right now and they are serious contenders for the Stanley Cup with him between the pipes.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 11
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 28
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)