Mar 27, 2014, 9:01 AM EST
St. Louis gave up a lot to acquire goaltender Ryan Miller from the Buffalo Sabres and he’s excelled with his new team, so it’s no surprise that the Blues want to re-sign him. It remains to be seen if Miller’s plans align.
The Blues have made their intentions clear to Miller’s agent, Mike Liut and don’t want this process to drag to the start of the free agent period on July 1, according to TSN.ca.
The problem is that Miller might want to wait until he gets a better idea of what the market might be like for him.
“The conventional wisdom among the hockey community is that one of the reasons Miller wants to wait until free agency on July 1 is to see if there’s any interest from the Anaheim Ducks,” TSN’s Bob McKenzie said.
He explained that Miller’s interest in the Ducks might be family driven, given that his wife is actress Noureen DeWulf and she spends a lot of time working in Hollywood.
With Ducks goaltender Jonas Hiller‘s contract set to expire this summer, it’s not unreasonable to believe that Anaheim will be interested in Miller’s services.
Regardless of what happens in June or July, Miller is a member of the Blues right now and they are serious contenders for the Stanley Cup with him between the pipes.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4