Mar 27, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
St. Louis gave up a lot to acquire goaltender Ryan Miller from the Buffalo Sabres and he’s excelled with his new team, so it’s no surprise that the Blues want to re-sign him. It remains to be seen if Miller’s plans align.
The Blues have made their intentions clear to Miller’s agent, Mike Liut and don’t want this process to drag to the start of the free agent period on July 1, according to TSN.ca.
The problem is that Miller might want to wait until he gets a better idea of what the market might be like for him.
“The conventional wisdom among the hockey community is that one of the reasons Miller wants to wait until free agency on July 1 is to see if there’s any interest from the Anaheim Ducks,” TSN’s Bob McKenzie said.
He explained that Miller’s interest in the Ducks might be family driven, given that his wife is actress Noureen DeWulf and she spends a lot of time working in Hollywood.
With Ducks goaltender Jonas Hiller‘s contract set to expire this summer, it’s not unreasonable to believe that Anaheim will be interested in Miller’s services.
Regardless of what happens in June or July, Miller is a member of the Blues right now and they are serious contenders for the Stanley Cup with him between the pipes.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10