Mar 27, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Leave it to Jaromir Jagr to find the silver lining in the New Jersey Devils’ dreary situation. With 10 games left in the Devils’ schedule, they need to win all of their remaining games or come close to it in order to make the playoffs.
That’s a highly improbable task, but the 42-year-old forward is thinking: What if we pull it off?
“We have an opportunity to make a great story if we make it,” Jagr said, per the Star-Ledger. “So at least it’s exciting. That’s the way I look at it.
“It would be something to remember. Something special. If we get in, I’d rather get in by winning the last 10 games.”
Last 11 contests actually, given that the hypothetical streak would start with their 3-2 victory over Toronto on Sunday.
The Devils will try to keep that hope alive tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes. Like the Devils, Phoenix is battling for a playoff spot, although the Coyotes don’t need a finish worthy of a Hollywood movie to secure a postseason berth.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)