Mar 27, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
Leave it to Jaromir Jagr to find the silver lining in the New Jersey Devils’ dreary situation. With 10 games left in the Devils’ schedule, they need to win all of their remaining games or come close to it in order to make the playoffs.
That’s a highly improbable task, but the 42-year-old forward is thinking: What if we pull it off?
“We have an opportunity to make a great story if we make it,” Jagr said, per the Star-Ledger. “So at least it’s exciting. That’s the way I look at it.
“It would be something to remember. Something special. If we get in, I’d rather get in by winning the last 10 games.”
Last 11 contests actually, given that the hypothetical streak would start with their 3-2 victory over Toronto on Sunday.
The Devils will try to keep that hope alive tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes. Like the Devils, Phoenix is battling for a playoff spot, although the Coyotes don’t need a finish worthy of a Hollywood movie to secure a postseason berth.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)