Mar 27, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
In a move that already-nervous Blue Jackets fans are hoping is merely precautionary, Columbus has recalled goalie Mike McKenna from AHL Springfield under emergency conditions.
If Bobrovsky is unable to play Friday at home to Pittsburgh, Curtis McElhinney should get the starting nod.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54