Mar 27, 2014, 3:13 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Kuemper gets another shot
One night after getting yanked in a loss to Vancouver, Darcy Kuemper will be back in goal for the Wild.
Kuemper will start tonight against St. Louis, looking to rebound for a poor effort in which he allowed three goals on 12 shots against the Canucks before getting pulled in favor of Ilya Bryzgalov.
The 23-year-old Kuemper has been good this year, posting a 12-7-4 record with a .919 save percentage and 2.32 GAA. That said, the pressure will only increase from here on in and it’ll be interesting to see how he responds, especially against the NHL’s top team tonight.
For the Blues, Ryan Miller will get the start in goal.
Pens turn to Zatkoff
It looks to be a battle of the backups tonight in Pittsburgh when the Pens host the Kings.
Zatkoff will play for the first time since stopping 21 shots in a 4-3 OT win over Tampa Bay. Jones hasn’t played since Mar. 15, when he allowed two goals on 20 shots in a loss to the Ducks.
Sabres at Preds: Matthew Hackett vs. Carter Hutton
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32