Mar 27, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Kuemper gets another shot
One night after getting yanked in a loss to Vancouver, Darcy Kuemper will be back in goal for the Wild.
Kuemper will start tonight against St. Louis, looking to rebound for a poor effort in which he allowed three goals on 12 shots against the Canucks before getting pulled in favor of Ilya Bryzgalov.
The 23-year-old Kuemper has been good this year, posting a 12-7-4 record with a .919 save percentage and 2.32 GAA. That said, the pressure will only increase from here on in and it’ll be interesting to see how he responds, especially against the NHL’s top team tonight.
For the Blues, Ryan Miller will get the start in goal.
Pens turn to Zatkoff
It looks to be a battle of the backups tonight in Pittsburgh when the Pens host the Kings.
Zatkoff will play for the first time since stopping 21 shots in a 4-3 OT win over Tampa Bay. Jones hasn’t played since Mar. 15, when he allowed two goals on 20 shots in a loss to the Ducks.
Sabres at Preds: Matthew Hackett vs. Carter Hutton
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)