Mar 27, 2014, 3:13 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Kuemper gets another shot
One night after getting yanked in a loss to Vancouver, Darcy Kuemper will be back in goal for the Wild.
Kuemper will start tonight against St. Louis, looking to rebound for a poor effort in which he allowed three goals on 12 shots against the Canucks before getting pulled in favor of Ilya Bryzgalov.
The 23-year-old Kuemper has been good this year, posting a 12-7-4 record with a .919 save percentage and 2.32 GAA. That said, the pressure will only increase from here on in and it’ll be interesting to see how he responds, especially against the NHL’s top team tonight.
For the Blues, Ryan Miller will get the start in goal.
Pens turn to Zatkoff
It looks to be a battle of the backups tonight in Pittsburgh when the Pens host the Kings.
Zatkoff will play for the first time since stopping 21 shots in a 4-3 OT win over Tampa Bay. Jones hasn’t played since Mar. 15, when he allowed two goals on 20 shots in a loss to the Ducks.
Sabres at Preds: Matthew Hackett vs. Carter Hutton
- We salute you: Leafs acknowledge fans after beating the Red Wings 0
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 5
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 9
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)