Mar 27, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
The severity of the injury has not been revealed, but it at least looked rather gruesome. CSN’s Brodie Brazil tweeted a picture of Burish’s injured hand, but just to emphasize, the image is graphic.
If Burish is done for the season, then it will mark the closing of a rough campaign for him. He wasn’t able to make his season debut until Feb. 5 due to a back injury that he sustained during the preseason.
That’s on top of the fact that he missed five playoff games in 2013 after he broke his hand while blocking a shot. He also broke his hand when he was hit by a shot in 2011, although that time he was accidentally struck by then teammate Brenden Morrow.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)