Mar 27, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
The severity of the injury has not been revealed, but it at least looked rather gruesome. CSN’s Brodie Brazil tweeted a picture of Burish’s injured hand, but just to emphasize, the image is graphic.
If Burish is done for the season, then it will mark the closing of a rough campaign for him. He wasn’t able to make his season debut until Feb. 5 due to a back injury that he sustained during the preseason.
That’s on top of the fact that he missed five playoff games in 2013 after he broke his hand while blocking a shot. He also broke his hand when he was hit by a shot in 2011, although that time he was accidentally struck by then teammate Brenden Morrow.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38