Mar 27, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
The severity of the injury has not been revealed, but it at least looked rather gruesome. CSN’s Brodie Brazil tweeted a picture of Burish’s injured hand, but just to emphasize, the image is graphic.
If Burish is done for the season, then it will mark the closing of a rough campaign for him. He wasn’t able to make his season debut until Feb. 5 due to a back injury that he sustained during the preseason.
That’s on top of the fact that he missed five playoff games in 2013 after he broke his hand while blocking a shot. He also broke his hand when he was hit by a shot in 2011, although that time he was accidentally struck by then teammate Brenden Morrow.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)