Mar 27, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
The severity of the injury has not been revealed, but it at least looked rather gruesome. CSN’s Brodie Brazil tweeted a picture of Burish’s injured hand, but just to emphasize, the image is graphic.
If Burish is done for the season, then it will mark the closing of a rough campaign for him. He wasn’t able to make his season debut until Feb. 5 due to a back injury that he sustained during the preseason.
That’s on top of the fact that he missed five playoff games in 2013 after he broke his hand while blocking a shot. He also broke his hand when he was hit by a shot in 2011, although that time he was accidentally struck by then teammate Brenden Morrow.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)