Mar 27, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
The Boston Bruins just keep on rolling.
Patrice Bergeron scored twice and Tuukka Rask made 28 saves for the shutout, as the Bruins won for the 13th time in their last 14 games by defeating the defending Stanley Cup champions, the Chicago Blackhawks 3-0 on Thursday.
In that lone loss over this terrific stretch, the Bruins still gained a point. So, yeah, they appear to be hitting their peak with the playoffs right around the corner.
The Bruins have been to the Stanley Cup Final twice in the past three seasons, winning in 2011. So, as good as a winning streak in March is, this team has a bigger goal in mind.
“We’re in right position right now as far as where our game is at. But satisfied is a word that doesn’t exist in our room,” said head coach Claude Julien, as per Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com.
The Bruins used the the quick-strike method to put the Blackhawks away in the third period. Carl Soderberg and Patrice Bergeron scored 13 seconds apart to increase Boston’s lead from one to three goals.
On the Bergeron goal, Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford, who coughed up the puck behind the net and tried to recover in time, pushed the net upward from the back, which caused the puck to go out the other side instead of hitting the mesh. After a review, the original call on the ice – no goal – was overturned.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)