Mar 27, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Shelved for two weeks with a rib injury, Tomas Jurco will return to the Detroit lineup tonight for a huge tilt against Montreal.
Jurco, 21, has been a fairly productive player for the Wings since making his NHL debut in mid-December. The 35th overall pick at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft has five goals and 10 points in 26 games, and was averaging over 13 minutes per night prior to getting hurt.
It looks as though Jurco will slot into a top-six forward spot, playing with David Legwand and Johan Franzen. That bumps Daniel Alfredsson down to the third line, with Darren Helm and Joakim Andersson.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)