Mar 27, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Shelved for two weeks with a rib injury, Tomas Jurco will return to the Detroit lineup tonight for a huge tilt against Montreal.
Jurco, 21, has been a fairly productive player for the Wings since making his NHL debut in mid-December. The 35th overall pick at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft has five goals and 10 points in 26 games, and was averaging over 13 minutes per night prior to getting hurt.
It looks as though Jurco will slot into a top-six forward spot, playing with David Legwand and Johan Franzen. That bumps Daniel Alfredsson down to the third line, with Darren Helm and Joakim Andersson.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 0
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 7
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 52
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 15
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)