Mar 27, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Shelved for two weeks with a rib injury, Tomas Jurco will return to the Detroit lineup tonight for a huge tilt against Montreal.
Jurco, 21, has been a fairly productive player for the Wings since making his NHL debut in mid-December. The 35th overall pick at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft has five goals and 10 points in 26 games, and was averaging over 13 minutes per night prior to getting hurt.
It looks as though Jurco will slot into a top-six forward spot, playing with David Legwand and Johan Franzen. That bumps Daniel Alfredsson down to the third line, with Darren Helm and Joakim Andersson.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)