Mar 27, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Shelved for two weeks with a rib injury, Tomas Jurco will return to the Detroit lineup tonight for a huge tilt against Montreal.
Jurco, 21, has been a fairly productive player for the Wings since making his NHL debut in mid-December. The 35th overall pick at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft has five goals and 10 points in 26 games, and was averaging over 13 minutes per night prior to getting hurt.
It looks as though Jurco will slot into a top-six forward spot, playing with David Legwand and Johan Franzen. That bumps Daniel Alfredsson down to the third line, with Darren Helm and Joakim Andersson.
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 7
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)