Mar 26, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
It seems increasingly likely that the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers are battling for second place in the Metropolitan Division, and with that, home-ice advantage in a first-round series that might just pit them against each other. (Naturally, other divisional foes could jump one or both of them, too.)
That second spot could change hands on Wednesday night, so tune into today’s most important game either on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Rangers currently hold the advantage, although only by one point. Worse for their cause, they only have eight games left this season compared to Philly’s 10 remaining. Winning today (particularly in regulation) would give the Rangers quite a bit more breathing room.
While the Blueshirts carry a four-game winning streak into this contest, the Flyers just saw a five-game run of their own halted via a 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings. Generally, they’ve been just about as hot as the Rangers have been recently, so this is a good test for both squads.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 17
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)