Mar 26, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
It seems increasingly likely that the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers are battling for second place in the Metropolitan Division, and with that, home-ice advantage in a first-round series that might just pit them against each other. (Naturally, other divisional foes could jump one or both of them, too.)
That second spot could change hands on Wednesday night, so tune into today’s most important game either on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Rangers currently hold the advantage, although only by one point. Worse for their cause, they only have eight games left this season compared to Philly’s 10 remaining. Winning today (particularly in regulation) would give the Rangers quite a bit more breathing room.
While the Blueshirts carry a four-game winning streak into this contest, the Flyers just saw a five-game run of their own halted via a 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings. Generally, they’ve been just about as hot as the Rangers have been recently, so this is a good test for both squads.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 7
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 7
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (40)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)