Mar 26, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
It seems increasingly likely that the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers are battling for second place in the Metropolitan Division, and with that, home-ice advantage in a first-round series that might just pit them against each other. (Naturally, other divisional foes could jump one or both of them, too.)
That second spot could change hands on Wednesday night, so tune into today’s most important game either on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Rangers currently hold the advantage, although only by one point. Worse for their cause, they only have eight games left this season compared to Philly’s 10 remaining. Winning today (particularly in regulation) would give the Rangers quite a bit more breathing room.
While the Blueshirts carry a four-game winning streak into this contest, the Flyers just saw a five-game run of their own halted via a 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings. Generally, they’ve been just about as hot as the Rangers have been recently, so this is a good test for both squads.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)