Mar 26, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks signed college free agent forward Ryan Carpenter to an entry-level contract on Wednesday.
He’s expected to begin his professional career with the AHL’s Worcester Sharks after ending his playing days with Bowling Green State University. The 23-year-old was limited to 15 games this season because of injuries but scored 79 points in 100 games during his college career.
Sharks GM Doug Wilson provides more information about Carpenter.
“Ryan has proven to be a very dynamic player in his three seasons playing under Bowling Green Head Coach Chris Bergeron,” Wilson said. “He has shown significant leadership and scoring ability in his collegiate career and we look forward to his continued development. He’s the kind of player that can play in all situations and fits the mold of the type of player our organization is looking for.”
(Image of Carpenter via Bowling Green’s Web site.)
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)