Mar 26, 2014, 8:22 PM EST
Backstrom, 36, had work done on his core (abdominal) muscle. This caps a difficult season for the Finnish netminder, as he went 5-11-2 with an .899 save percentage and 3.02 GAA while being overshadowed by a variety of other goalies.
Zucker, 22, underwent surgery on his left quadriceps muscle. Here’s an interesting detail about his procedure:
Again, both are out for the remainder of this season, including the playoffs. The goal is for Zucker and Backstrom to be ready for the beginning of the 2014-15 campaign. The team expects as much for both.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53