Mar 26, 2014, 8:22 PM EDT
Backstrom, 36, had work done on his core (abdominal) muscle. This caps a difficult season for the Finnish netminder, as he went 5-11-2 with an .899 save percentage and 3.02 GAA while being overshadowed by a variety of other goalies.
Zucker, 22, underwent surgery on his left quadriceps muscle. Here’s an interesting detail about his procedure:
Again, both are out for the remainder of this season, including the playoffs. The goal is for Zucker and Backstrom to be ready for the beginning of the 2014-15 campaign. The team expects as much for both.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 47
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39