Mar 26, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd and goalie Ondrej Pavelec both appear eager to get back into action on Thursday, but the Winnipeg Free Press’ Gary Lawless indicates that only Ladd will do so then. Pavelec may receive a chance to play on Saturday, however.
Ladd, 28, describes the busy week he’s experienced after the birth of his second child.
“A bit of a whirlwind. Got to Dallas and was on a bus to the hotel and got a call from my wife saying that she was going into labor. Then I had to arrange travel back and get there as quickly as possible,” Ladd said. “It was great to spend as much time with my new daughter as possible and now it’s great to get back to the guys and what I love to do. She doesn’t have a name yet. My wife’s on one side and I’m on the other and it’s a bit of a tug of war right now.”
Opening a can of worms there, Ladd. Just saying.
There are more than a few who may believe that Pavelec, 26, is out as much because of poor play than any injury, but regardless he insists that he’s ready to go. The Jets face the San Jose Sharks on Thursday and the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, so maybe Pavelec will get some playing time against the Kings.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)