Mar 26, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd and goalie Ondrej Pavelec both appear eager to get back into action on Thursday, but the Winnipeg Free Press’ Gary Lawless indicates that only Ladd will do so then. Pavelec may receive a chance to play on Saturday, however.
Ladd, 28, describes the busy week he’s experienced after the birth of his second child.
“A bit of a whirlwind. Got to Dallas and was on a bus to the hotel and got a call from my wife saying that she was going into labor. Then I had to arrange travel back and get there as quickly as possible,” Ladd said. “It was great to spend as much time with my new daughter as possible and now it’s great to get back to the guys and what I love to do. She doesn’t have a name yet. My wife’s on one side and I’m on the other and it’s a bit of a tug of war right now.”
Opening a can of worms there, Ladd. Just saying.
There are more than a few who may believe that Pavelec, 26, is out as much because of poor play than any injury, but regardless he insists that he’s ready to go. The Jets face the San Jose Sharks on Thursday and the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, so maybe Pavelec will get some playing time against the Kings.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)