Mar 26, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd and goalie Ondrej Pavelec both appear eager to get back into action on Thursday, but the Winnipeg Free Press’ Gary Lawless indicates that only Ladd will do so then. Pavelec may receive a chance to play on Saturday, however.
Ladd, 28, describes the busy week he’s experienced after the birth of his second child.
“A bit of a whirlwind. Got to Dallas and was on a bus to the hotel and got a call from my wife saying that she was going into labor. Then I had to arrange travel back and get there as quickly as possible,” Ladd said. “It was great to spend as much time with my new daughter as possible and now it’s great to get back to the guys and what I love to do. She doesn’t have a name yet. My wife’s on one side and I’m on the other and it’s a bit of a tug of war right now.”
Opening a can of worms there, Ladd. Just saying.
There are more than a few who may believe that Pavelec, 26, is out as much because of poor play than any injury, but regardless he insists that he’s ready to go. The Jets face the San Jose Sharks on Thursday and the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, so maybe Pavelec will get some playing time against the Kings.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 17
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 11
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8