Mar 26, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd and goalie Ondrej Pavelec both appear eager to get back into action on Thursday, but the Winnipeg Free Press’ Gary Lawless indicates that only Ladd will do so then. Pavelec may receive a chance to play on Saturday, however.
Ladd, 28, describes the busy week he’s experienced after the birth of his second child.
“A bit of a whirlwind. Got to Dallas and was on a bus to the hotel and got a call from my wife saying that she was going into labor. Then I had to arrange travel back and get there as quickly as possible,” Ladd said. “It was great to spend as much time with my new daughter as possible and now it’s great to get back to the guys and what I love to do. She doesn’t have a name yet. My wife’s on one side and I’m on the other and it’s a bit of a tug of war right now.”
Opening a can of worms there, Ladd. Just saying.
There are more than a few who may believe that Pavelec, 26, is out as much because of poor play than any injury, but regardless he insists that he’s ready to go. The Jets face the San Jose Sharks on Thursday and the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, so maybe Pavelec will get some playing time against the Kings.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6