Mar 26, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd and goalie Ondrej Pavelec both appear eager to get back into action on Thursday, but the Winnipeg Free Press’ Gary Lawless indicates that only Ladd will do so then. Pavelec may receive a chance to play on Saturday, however.
Ladd, 28, describes the busy week he’s experienced after the birth of his second child.
“A bit of a whirlwind. Got to Dallas and was on a bus to the hotel and got a call from my wife saying that she was going into labor. Then I had to arrange travel back and get there as quickly as possible,” Ladd said. “It was great to spend as much time with my new daughter as possible and now it’s great to get back to the guys and what I love to do. She doesn’t have a name yet. My wife’s on one side and I’m on the other and it’s a bit of a tug of war right now.”
Opening a can of worms there, Ladd. Just saying.
There are more than a few who may believe that Pavelec, 26, is out as much because of poor play than any injury, but regardless he insists that he’s ready to go. The Jets face the San Jose Sharks on Thursday and the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, so maybe Pavelec will get some playing time against the Kings.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 22
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 72
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (74)