Mar 26, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Back to Lack…again
Wash, rinse, repeat — Eddie Lack will once again be starting in goal for Vancouver tonight. He’ll get the nod against the Wild in Minnesota, his 14th straight start, and will look to build upon a pretty solid recent stretch of play — he’s won both of his last two games while posting a 1.00 GAA and .958 save percentage.
For Minnesota, Darcy Kuemper gets the start.
Ramo on fire
Calgary goalie Karri Ramo has been terrific since returning from a sprained MCL, and will make his third straight start tonight against Anaheim at the Saddledome.
Ramo is 2-0-0 in his last two starts, stopping 57 of 59 shots (.966 save percentage). He’s got a tall task ahead of him, though, as the Ducks are looking to make amends for the 7-2 whipping they received the last time they played in Calgary.
For the Ducks, Jonas Hiller will be in net.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)