Mar 26, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Back to Lack…again
Wash, rinse, repeat — Eddie Lack will once again be starting in goal for Vancouver tonight. He’ll get the nod against the Wild in Minnesota, his 14th straight start, and will look to build upon a pretty solid recent stretch of play — he’s won both of his last two games while posting a 1.00 GAA and .958 save percentage.
For Minnesota, Darcy Kuemper gets the start.
Ramo on fire
Calgary goalie Karri Ramo has been terrific since returning from a sprained MCL, and will make his third straight start tonight against Anaheim at the Saddledome.
Ramo is 2-0-0 in his last two starts, stopping 57 of 59 shots (.966 save percentage). He’s got a tall task ahead of him, though, as the Ducks are looking to make amends for the 7-2 whipping they received the last time they played in Calgary.
For the Ducks, Jonas Hiller will be in net.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)