Mar 26, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
The last time Anaheim played in Calgary, they were on the wrong end of a 7-2 whipping — prompting Andrew Cogliano to say that “every guy in the room should be completely embarrassed of how they played.”
Now, the Ducks are out to make amends.
Anaheim is back in Calgary tonight for the first time since the drubbing, a fact that wasn’t lost on defenseman Ben Lovejoy.
“We maybe played our worst game of the year against this team last time,” Lovejoy said, per the OC Register. “It’s still fresh. They were better in all facets of the game, and we’re trying to get our game in order.”
Since that loss, the Ducks have played reasonably well, winning three of five while finally getting their anemic power play on track. Following a stretch where they scored just twice in 48 opportunities, the Ducks have registered power play goals in consecutive games.
Calgary, though, has been even better since the 7-2 blowout on Mar. 12. They’ve won four of six, which included another trashing — an 8-1 blowout of provincial rival Edmonton on Saturday night.
“What a great game,” coach Bob Hartley said of the win over the Oilers. “We wanted to redeem ourselves from (Friday’s 6-5 loss to Nashville). I could see that the boys were not very impressed with the performance from last night.
“We just worked very simple, we were very effective and we scored some great goals.”
That said, Hartley is aware his club faces a much more difficult task tonight against Anaheim:
Flames HC Hartley when asked about how Ducks might respond following 7-2 loss here 2 weeks ago “Ducks have VERY good memories this I know”
— Lisa Hillary (@LisaHillaryTV) March 26, 2014
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 0
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)