Mar 26, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
The last time Anaheim played in Calgary, they were on the wrong end of a 7-2 whipping — prompting Andrew Cogliano to say that “every guy in the room should be completely embarrassed of how they played.”
Now, the Ducks are out to make amends.
Anaheim is back in Calgary tonight for the first time since the drubbing, a fact that wasn’t lost on defenseman Ben Lovejoy.
“We maybe played our worst game of the year against this team last time,” Lovejoy said, per the OC Register. “It’s still fresh. They were better in all facets of the game, and we’re trying to get our game in order.”
Since that loss, the Ducks have played reasonably well, winning three of five while finally getting their anemic power play on track. Following a stretch where they scored just twice in 48 opportunities, the Ducks have registered power play goals in consecutive games.
Calgary, though, has been even better since the 7-2 blowout on Mar. 12. They’ve won four of six, which included another trashing — an 8-1 blowout of provincial rival Edmonton on Saturday night.
“What a great game,” coach Bob Hartley said of the win over the Oilers. “We wanted to redeem ourselves from (Friday’s 6-5 loss to Nashville). I could see that the boys were not very impressed with the performance from last night.
“We just worked very simple, we were very effective and we scored some great goals.”
That said, Hartley is aware his club faces a much more difficult task tonight against Anaheim:
Flames HC Hartley when asked about how Ducks might respond following 7-2 loss here 2 weeks ago “Ducks have VERY good memories this I know”
— Lisa Hillary (@LisaHillaryTV) March 26, 2014
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)