Mar 26, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Alex Burrows is going to play through the pain.
The Vancouver winger, who suffered what appeared to be a serious hand/thumb injury last week against Nashville, will suit up for the Canucks when they take on the Wild in Minnesota this evening, per Sportsnet.
The move marks a startling turnaround for Burrows, who missed Sunday’s win over Buffalo with the injury and, initially, was reported to have not traveled with the Canucks to Minnesota. That report was later deemed inaccurate.
Burrows’ return could definitely bolster Vancouver as it clings to its playoff life. The 32-year-old had finally gotten his season on track over the last two weeks after going goalless over his first 35 games of the year and had nine points — five goals — in his last six games prior to getting hurt.
Of course, there are questions about how effective Burrows will be. He appeared to be in major discomfort after taking a heavy slash from Nashville’s Shea Weber and, when asked about the injury, Canucks GM Mike Gillis said it “didn’t look good,” and that “the preliminary analysis is not positive.”
You can see the slash here:
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)