Mar 26, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Alex Burrows is going to play through the pain.
The Vancouver winger, who suffered what appeared to be a serious hand/thumb injury last week against Nashville, will suit up for the Canucks when they take on the Wild in Minnesota this evening, per Sportsnet.
The move marks a startling turnaround for Burrows, who missed Sunday’s win over Buffalo with the injury and, initially, was reported to have not traveled with the Canucks to Minnesota. That report was later deemed inaccurate.
Burrows’ return could definitely bolster Vancouver as it clings to its playoff life. The 32-year-old had finally gotten his season on track over the last two weeks after going goalless over his first 35 games of the year and had nine points — five goals — in his last six games prior to getting hurt.
Of course, there are questions about how effective Burrows will be. He appeared to be in major discomfort after taking a heavy slash from Nashville’s Shea Weber and, when asked about the injury, Canucks GM Mike Gillis said it “didn’t look good,” and that “the preliminary analysis is not positive.”
You can see the slash here:
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)