Mar 26, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Alex Burrows is going to play through the pain.
The Vancouver winger, who suffered what appeared to be a serious hand/thumb injury last week against Nashville, will suit up for the Canucks when they take on the Wild in Minnesota this evening, per Sportsnet.
The move marks a startling turnaround for Burrows, who missed Sunday’s win over Buffalo with the injury and, initially, was reported to have not traveled with the Canucks to Minnesota. That report was later deemed inaccurate.
Burrows’ return could definitely bolster Vancouver as it clings to its playoff life. The 32-year-old had finally gotten his season on track over the last two weeks after going goalless over his first 35 games of the year and had nine points — five goals — in his last six games prior to getting hurt.
Of course, there are questions about how effective Burrows will be. He appeared to be in major discomfort after taking a heavy slash from Nashville’s Shea Weber and, when asked about the injury, Canucks GM Mike Gillis said it “didn’t look good,” and that “the preliminary analysis is not positive.”
You can see the slash here:
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)