Mar 26, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
From a statistical perspective, Teuvo Teravainen’s NHL debut with Chicago wasn’t remarkable.
The 19-year-old forward logged 11:39 minutes and was 7-0 on the draw, but recorded no points, shots on goal, hits, or blocked shots in the Blackhawks’ 4-2 victory over Dallas.
He impressed his teammates though, who were more than happy to add to the hype already surrounding the 2012 first-round pick.
“I thought he was awesome,” Duncan Keith told CSN Chicago. “There were a couple times there in the (defensive) zone where we made couple quick plays to one another and were able to get it out of the zone. He has so much patience and skill. He’s going to be an unbelievable player in this league.”
Of course, they’re not saying that Teravainen is at that level yet, but clearly the Blackhawks feel the ceiling is very high for him.
Teravainen joined the team after leading Finland to a gold medal in the 2014 World Junior Championship and recording 44 points in 49 games with Jokerit of the SM-liiga in 2013-14.
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 2
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)