Mar 26, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
From a statistical perspective, Teuvo Teravainen’s NHL debut with Chicago wasn’t remarkable.
The 19-year-old forward logged 11:39 minutes and was 7-0 on the draw, but recorded no points, shots on goal, hits, or blocked shots in the Blackhawks’ 4-2 victory over Dallas.
He impressed his teammates though, who were more than happy to add to the hype already surrounding the 2012 first-round pick.
“I thought he was awesome,” Duncan Keith told CSN Chicago. “There were a couple times there in the (defensive) zone where we made couple quick plays to one another and were able to get it out of the zone. He has so much patience and skill. He’s going to be an unbelievable player in this league.”
Of course, they’re not saying that Teravainen is at that level yet, but clearly the Blackhawks feel the ceiling is very high for him.
Teravainen joined the team after leading Finland to a gold medal in the 2014 World Junior Championship and recording 44 points in 49 games with Jokerit of the SM-liiga in 2013-14.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)