Mar 25, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
Logan Couture left Monday’s game against the Calgary Flames, made a brief comeback and then left again.
Couture was injured blocking a Mark Giordano slap shot in the first period against Calgary. He left the game and took one shift in the second period, before leaving again.
The good news: Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters that the injury to Couture is not serious, however he may miss the next game, which is Tuesday in Edmonton, according to David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News.
The Sharks fell to the Flames by a final score of 2-1 in the shootout. Mike Cammalleri scored the winner in the skills competition.
However, with the single point, the Sharks clinched a playoff spot. They also lead the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Pacific Division by two points.
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 0
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 24
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 55
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (55)