Mar 25, 2014, 12:53 AM EST
Logan Couture left Monday’s game against the Calgary Flames, made a brief comeback and then left again.
Couture was injured blocking a Mark Giordano slap shot in the first period against Calgary. He left the game and took one shift in the second period, before leaving again.
The good news: Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters that the injury to Couture is not serious, however he may miss the next game, which is Tuesday in Edmonton, according to David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News.
The Sharks fell to the Flames by a final score of 2-1 in the shootout. Mike Cammalleri scored the winner in the skills competition.
However, with the single point, the Sharks clinched a playoff spot. They also lead the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Pacific Division by two points.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3