Mar 25, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
Logan Couture left Monday’s game against the Calgary Flames, made a brief comeback and then left again.
Couture was injured blocking a Mark Giordano slap shot in the first period against Calgary. He left the game and took one shift in the second period, before leaving again.
The good news: Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters that the injury to Couture is not serious, however he may miss the next game, which is Tuesday in Edmonton, according to David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News.
The Sharks fell to the Flames by a final score of 2-1 in the shootout. Mike Cammalleri scored the winner in the skills competition.
However, with the single point, the Sharks clinched a playoff spot. They also lead the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Pacific Division by two points.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5