Mar 25, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
Logan Couture left Monday’s game against the Calgary Flames, made a brief comeback and then left again.
Couture was injured blocking a Mark Giordano slap shot in the first period against Calgary. He left the game and took one shift in the second period, before leaving again.
The good news: Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters that the injury to Couture is not serious, however he may miss the next game, which is Tuesday in Edmonton, according to David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News.
The Sharks fell to the Flames by a final score of 2-1 in the shootout. Mike Cammalleri scored the winner in the skills competition.
However, with the single point, the Sharks clinched a playoff spot. They also lead the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Pacific Division by two points.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 29
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 37
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 17
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (44)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)