Mar 25, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
Logan Couture left Monday’s game against the Calgary Flames, made a brief comeback and then left again.
Couture was injured blocking a Mark Giordano slap shot in the first period against Calgary. He left the game and took one shift in the second period, before leaving again.
The good news: Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters that the injury to Couture is not serious, however he may miss the next game, which is Tuesday in Edmonton, according to David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News.
The Sharks fell to the Flames by a final score of 2-1 in the shootout. Mike Cammalleri scored the winner in the skills competition.
However, with the single point, the Sharks clinched a playoff spot. They also lead the Anaheim Ducks for top spot in the Pacific Division by two points.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)