Mar 25, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
The wait is finally over — on Tuesday, Teuvo Teravainen will make his highly-anticipated Blackhawks and NHL debut, when Chicago hosts Dallas at the United Center.
Head coach Joel Quenneville has confirmed that Teravainen, the 18th overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, will draw in tonight as a center, likely between Brandon Saad and Ben Smith (based on the morning skate.)
Teravainen, 19, was considered to be one of the best players outside the NHL before joining the ‘Hawks last week. He starred for the gold medal-winning Finnish team at the ’14 World Juniors — making the All-Star team while leading the tournament in scoring — and tore it up with SM-liiga team Jokerit following the Worlds, finishing the year with 44 points in 49 games.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 8
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54