Mar 25, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
The wait is finally over — on Tuesday, Teuvo Teravainen will make his highly-anticipated Blackhawks and NHL debut, when Chicago hosts Dallas at the United Center.
Head coach Joel Quenneville has confirmed that Teravainen, the 18th overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, will draw in tonight as a center, likely between Brandon Saad and Ben Smith (based on the morning skate.)
Teravainen, 19, was considered to be one of the best players outside the NHL before joining the ‘Hawks last week. He starred for the gold medal-winning Finnish team at the ’14 World Juniors — making the All-Star team while leading the tournament in scoring — and tore it up with SM-liiga team Jokerit following the Worlds, finishing the year with 44 points in 49 games.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6