Mar 25, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
If that is correct, the 22-year-old would easily miss the rest of the regular season and a chunk of the playoffs (assuming the Rangers make it) with the injury.
Officially speaking, the Rangers would only say that Kreider won’t play on Wednesday.
Kreider has asserted himself as a rugged player in his first full season in the NHL after getting his feet wet in 23 games last season. He has 17 goals and 37 points along with 72 penalty minutes and 146 hits (second among Rangers behind Dan Girardi) in 66 games played.
WFAN 660’s Sean Hartnett believes that the Rangers will call up J.T. Miller on Wednesday to help fill the void.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)