Mar 25, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
If that is correct, the 22-year-old would easily miss the rest of the regular season and a chunk of the playoffs (assuming the Rangers make it) with the injury.
Officially speaking, the Rangers would only say that Kreider won’t play on Wednesday.
Kreider has asserted himself as a rugged player in his first full season in the NHL after getting his feet wet in 23 games last season. He has 17 goals and 37 points along with 72 penalty minutes and 146 hits (second among Rangers behind Dan Girardi) in 66 games played.
WFAN 660’s Sean Hartnett believes that the Rangers will call up J.T. Miller on Wednesday to help fill the void.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 18
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)