Mar 25, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals apparently held Nicklas Backstrom out of the remainder of Tuesday’s shootout loss to the Los Angeles Kings for precautionary reasons. Now the question is what, exactly, is ailing the talented Swede.
Various sources indicate that the 26-year-old did not suffer a concussion. The Capitals are typically labeling it vaguely as an upper-body injury, but CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that it could be a left shoulder issue.
Big picture, that’s good news for Backstrom, although shoulder injuries can leave players sidelined for prolonged stretches in their own right.
For more on the Capitals loss to Los Angeles, click here.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)