Mar 25, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals apparently held Nicklas Backstrom out of the remainder of Tuesday’s shootout loss to the Los Angeles Kings for precautionary reasons. Now the question is what, exactly, is ailing the talented Swede.
Various sources indicate that the 26-year-old did not suffer a concussion. The Capitals are typically labeling it vaguely as an upper-body injury, but CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that it could be a left shoulder issue.
Big picture, that’s good news for Backstrom, although shoulder injuries can leave players sidelined for prolonged stretches in their own right.
For more on the Capitals loss to Los Angeles, click here.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33