Mar 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Richards reports that the Panthers said Santos’ firing won’t affect interim head coach Peter Horachek’s status with the team, which is relevant since Santos played a big role in hiring him.
It sounds as if the team will fill Santos’ role – at least for the moment – by committee.
This was his second run with the Panthers organization, as GM Dale Tallon hired him back on July 1, 2010 from the Nashville Predators organization (where Santos become more familiar with Horachek). The timing of the move might seem odd, but Tallon apparently did so to give Santos more time to find another gig.
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 0
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 22
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)