Mar 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Richards reports that the Panthers said Santos’ firing won’t affect interim head coach Peter Horachek’s status with the team, which is relevant since Santos played a big role in hiring him.
It sounds as if the team will fill Santos’ role – at least for the moment – by committee.
This was his second run with the Panthers organization, as GM Dale Tallon hired him back on July 1, 2010 from the Nashville Predators organization (where Santos become more familiar with Horachek). The timing of the move might seem odd, but Tallon apparently did so to give Santos more time to find another gig.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)