Mar 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Richards reports that the Panthers said Santos’ firing won’t affect interim head coach Peter Horachek’s status with the team, which is relevant since Santos played a big role in hiring him.
It sounds as if the team will fill Santos’ role – at least for the moment – by committee.
This was his second run with the Panthers organization, as GM Dale Tallon hired him back on July 1, 2010 from the Nashville Predators organization (where Santos become more familiar with Horachek). The timing of the move might seem odd, but Tallon apparently did so to give Santos more time to find another gig.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)