Mar 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Richards reports that the Panthers said Santos’ firing won’t affect interim head coach Peter Horachek’s status with the team, which is relevant since Santos played a big role in hiring him.
It sounds as if the team will fill Santos’ role – at least for the moment – by committee.
This was his second run with the Panthers organization, as GM Dale Tallon hired him back on July 1, 2010 from the Nashville Predators organization (where Santos become more familiar with Horachek). The timing of the move might seem odd, but Tallon apparently did so to give Santos more time to find another gig.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)