Mar 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Richards reports that the Panthers said Santos’ firing won’t affect interim head coach Peter Horachek’s status with the team, which is relevant since Santos played a big role in hiring him.
It sounds as if the team will fill Santos’ role – at least for the moment – by committee.
This was his second run with the Panthers organization, as GM Dale Tallon hired him back on July 1, 2010 from the Nashville Predators organization (where Santos become more familiar with Horachek). The timing of the move might seem odd, but Tallon apparently did so to give Santos more time to find another gig.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 12
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 65
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)