Mar 25, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
A healthy scratch the past two games, Sabres forward Ville Leino will be back in the lineup tonight in Montreal, and boy does he…not sound all that excited about it.
Per the Buffalo News (which has the audio), Leino was asked about the fact he has no goals and and just 12 assists in 50 games, and whether that lack of offense was weighing on him.
“I’m sure it weighs on me, too, but obviously there’s a lot of other guys on the team, too, that hasn’t been able to really help that much either,” he said.
Which is absolutely true, though even relative to most of the other struggling Buffalo players, Leino has had a poor season.
“There’s so much going on in here in the organization with how this team’s been lately,” he said, before acknowledging he “can’t really do anything about” the talk his days with the club are numbered.
The Sabres still have both their compliance buyouts left. One will surely be used on Leino, who’s signed through 2016-17 with a cap hit of $4.5 million. Drew Stafford is another potential candidate, though he’s been playing a bit better of late.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 1
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 26
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)