Mar 25, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
There was a scary incident Monday night between the Winnipeg Jets and Dallas Stars.
From the Winnipeg Sun:
The Jets lost Blake Wheeler late in the third when Colton Sceviour hit him in front of the Stars bench and the gate, which wasn’t closed shut, opened up when Wheeler hit it. The Minnesota product writhed in pain, appearing to hold his arm, before heading to the locker-room.
Now, despite the danger of this play, Wheeler did return to the game later in the third period. The Jets lost by a final score of 2-1.
Losing Wheeler to possible injury would be a difficult way for the Jets to end the season. In 73 games this season, he’s scored 24 times and added 59 points.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)