Mar 25, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
There was a scary incident Monday night between the Winnipeg Jets and Dallas Stars.
From the Winnipeg Sun:
The Jets lost Blake Wheeler late in the third when Colton Sceviour hit him in front of the Stars bench and the gate, which wasn’t closed shut, opened up when Wheeler hit it. The Minnesota product writhed in pain, appearing to hold his arm, before heading to the locker-room.
Now, despite the danger of this play, Wheeler did return to the game later in the third period. The Jets lost by a final score of 2-1.
Blake Wheeler runs into open gate and has to leave game vs. Stars. He walked off, but he was hurt.—
Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) March 25, 2014
Wheeler is back on the bench for the Jets.—
Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) March 25, 2014
Losing Wheeler to possible injury would be a difficult way for the Jets to end the season. In 73 games this season, he’s scored 24 times and added 59 points.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 3
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)