Mar 25, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
There was a scary incident Monday night between the Winnipeg Jets and Dallas Stars.
From the Winnipeg Sun:
The Jets lost Blake Wheeler late in the third when Colton Sceviour hit him in front of the Stars bench and the gate, which wasn’t closed shut, opened up when Wheeler hit it. The Minnesota product writhed in pain, appearing to hold his arm, before heading to the locker-room.
Now, despite the danger of this play, Wheeler did return to the game later in the third period. The Jets lost by a final score of 2-1.
Losing Wheeler to possible injury would be a difficult way for the Jets to end the season. In 73 games this season, he’s scored 24 times and added 59 points.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5