Mar 25, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
There was a scary incident Monday night between the Winnipeg Jets and Dallas Stars.
From the Winnipeg Sun:
The Jets lost Blake Wheeler late in the third when Colton Sceviour hit him in front of the Stars bench and the gate, which wasn’t closed shut, opened up when Wheeler hit it. The Minnesota product writhed in pain, appearing to hold his arm, before heading to the locker-room.
Now, despite the danger of this play, Wheeler did return to the game later in the third period. The Jets lost by a final score of 2-1.
Blake Wheeler runs into open gate and has to leave game vs. Stars. He walked off, but he was hurt.—
Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) March 25, 2014
Wheeler is back on the bench for the Jets.—
Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) March 25, 2014
Losing Wheeler to possible injury would be a difficult way for the Jets to end the season. In 73 games this season, he’s scored 24 times and added 59 points.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35