Mar 25, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
There was a scary incident Monday night between the Winnipeg Jets and Dallas Stars.
From the Winnipeg Sun:
The Jets lost Blake Wheeler late in the third when Colton Sceviour hit him in front of the Stars bench and the gate, which wasn’t closed shut, opened up when Wheeler hit it. The Minnesota product writhed in pain, appearing to hold his arm, before heading to the locker-room.
Now, despite the danger of this play, Wheeler did return to the game later in the third period. The Jets lost by a final score of 2-1.
Losing Wheeler to possible injury would be a difficult way for the Jets to end the season. In 73 games this season, he’s scored 24 times and added 59 points.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)