Mar 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Greiss goes for Coyotes
Greiss came on in relief of Smith during last night’s 4-3 OT loss to the Rangers, allowing two goals on nine shots — including the winner in the extra frame. Now, the 28-year-old German will carry the load until Smith is healthy. Greiss hasn’t played much this year, boasting a 7-5-2 record in just 16 appearances, but does have a good save percentage (.924) and goals-against average (2.38).
For the Penguins, Marc-Andre Fleury will get the start in goal.
Miller looks to rebound
Ryan Miller is aiming to snap his first slump as a Blue tonight when he squares off against Toronto.
After starting 8-0-1 with St. Louis, Miller has lost his last two starts while allowing seven goals, posting an .844 save percentage. Miller’s slide was exacerbated by the fact his backup, Brian Elliott, was stellar in Sunday’s 1-0 win over Pittsburgh, stopping all 33 shot faced for his fourth shutout of the season.
For the Leafs, no official starter has been named… but it appears Jonathan Bernier is set to return from a groin injury.
Sabres at Canadiens: Matthew Hackett vs. Carey Price
Avs at Preds: Semyon Varlamov for Colorado; no word yet on a Nashville starter.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)