Mar 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Greiss goes for Coyotes
Greiss came on in relief of Smith during last night’s 4-3 OT loss to the Rangers, allowing two goals on nine shots — including the winner in the extra frame. Now, the 28-year-old German will carry the load until Smith is healthy. Greiss hasn’t played much this year, boasting a 7-5-2 record in just 16 appearances, but does have a good save percentage (.924) and goals-against average (2.38).
For the Penguins, Marc-Andre Fleury will get the start in goal.
Miller looks to rebound
Ryan Miller is aiming to snap his first slump as a Blue tonight when he squares off against Toronto.
After starting 8-0-1 with St. Louis, Miller has lost his last two starts while allowing seven goals, posting an .844 save percentage. Miller’s slide was exacerbated by the fact his backup, Brian Elliott, was stellar in Sunday’s 1-0 win over Pittsburgh, stopping all 33 shot faced for his fourth shutout of the season.
For the Leafs, no official starter has been named… but it appears Jonathan Bernier is set to return from a groin injury.
Sabres at Canadiens: Matthew Hackett vs. Carey Price
Avs at Preds: Semyon Varlamov for Colorado; no word yet on a Nashville starter.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54