Mar 25, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
(It might be fair to call every Maple Leafs game “big” going forward, but we’ll see.)
Bernier, 25, has been sidelined since injuring himself (or at least re-aggravating an injury) on March 13. James Reimer has struggled in Bernier’s absence, to say the least, but it’s unlikely that Bernier will be eased into action as the Buds face the Blues.
Bernier is 25-16-7 with a .925 save percentage and 2.61 GAA this season. He predicted that the Maple Leafs’ shot disparities might come back to haunt them earlier this season, yet he’s also been a big reason why they’ve often been able to win despite the imbalance.
He’ll face Ryan Miller in the nets tonight, which prompted this bewildering bit from the Maple Leafs’ official feed:
Update: The team confirmed that Drew MacIntyre was demoted to the AHL.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)