Mar 25, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
(It might be fair to call every Maple Leafs game “big” going forward, but we’ll see.)
Bernier, 25, has been sidelined since injuring himself (or at least re-aggravating an injury) on March 13. James Reimer has struggled in Bernier’s absence, to say the least, but it’s unlikely that Bernier will be eased into action as the Buds face the Blues.
Bernier is 25-16-7 with a .925 save percentage and 2.61 GAA this season. He predicted that the Maple Leafs’ shot disparities might come back to haunt them earlier this season, yet he’s also been a big reason why they’ve often been able to win despite the imbalance.
He’ll face Ryan Miller in the nets tonight, which prompted this bewildering bit from the Maple Leafs’ official feed:
Update: The team confirmed that Drew MacIntyre was demoted to the AHL.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 53
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (54)