Mar 25, 2014, 6:51 PM EST
(It might be fair to call every Maple Leafs game “big” going forward, but we’ll see.)
Bernier, 25, has been sidelined since injuring himself (or at least re-aggravating an injury) on March 13. James Reimer has struggled in Bernier’s absence, to say the least, but it’s unlikely that Bernier will be eased into action as the Buds face the Blues.
Bernier is 25-16-7 with a .925 save percentage and 2.61 GAA this season. He predicted that the Maple Leafs’ shot disparities might come back to haunt them earlier this season, yet he’s also been a big reason why they’ve often been able to win despite the imbalance.
He’ll face Ryan Miller in the nets tonight, which prompted this bewildering bit from the Maple Leafs’ official feed:
Update: The team confirmed that Drew MacIntyre was demoted to the AHL.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 21
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 21
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (133)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)