Mar 25, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
(It might be fair to call every Maple Leafs game “big” going forward, but we’ll see.)
Bernier, 25, has been sidelined since injuring himself (or at least re-aggravating an injury) on March 13. James Reimer has struggled in Bernier’s absence, to say the least, but it’s unlikely that Bernier will be eased into action as the Buds face the Blues.
Bernier is 25-16-7 with a .925 save percentage and 2.61 GAA this season. He predicted that the Maple Leafs’ shot disparities might come back to haunt them earlier this season, yet he’s also been a big reason why they’ve often been able to win despite the imbalance.
He’ll face Ryan Miller in the nets tonight, which prompted this bewildering bit from the Maple Leafs’ official feed:
Update: The team confirmed that Drew MacIntyre was demoted to the AHL.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)