Mar 24, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Stoner, 29, was thought to have suffered a knee injury last week against the Devils, and has been ruled as week-to-week. The club has already called up Jon Blum in Stoner’s absence and has reportedly made a call to WHL Red Deer about the possibility of a Mathew Dumba emergency recall — Dumba, the seventh overall pick at the ’12 NHL Entry Draft, appeared in 13 games for the Wild this year, scoring two points.
Losing Stoner will hurt the Wild, though, as he’s provided them with an aggressive presence on the back end throughout the year. The 6-foot-4, 215-pounder sits third on the team in hits this year, with 95, and leads all Wild skaters with 82 PIM.
The Stoner absence is also exacerbated by the fact another of Minnesota’s depth defensemen, Keith Ballard, is out with a groin injury. That’s left the Wild with just six healthy defensemen and forced Blum to play nearly 15 minutes in Sunday’s OT win over Detroit.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)