Mar 24, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Boston and Montreal to renew hostilities on Monday night.
As you can see, the tilt didn’t end well for Moen. The immediate concern for the gritty veteran will be his history of concussions, which some feared would be an issue when he suffered a broken orbital bone earlier this season.
Montreal had suffered a loss in the toughness category last week when Brandon Prust was lost for the season with a rib injury. The club’s other enforcer, George Parros, was scratched for tonight’s game.
For Miller, the fight further established him as one of the more dangerous fighters in his weight class, having already scored victories over the likes of Ottawa’s Zack Smith and San Jose’s Mike Brown.
Update: Montreal has announced that neither Moen nor Weise will return to tonight’s game.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11