Mar 24, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Boston and Montreal to renew hostilities on Monday night.
As you can see, the tilt didn’t end well for Moen. The immediate concern for the gritty veteran will be his history of concussions, which some feared would be an issue when he suffered a broken orbital bone earlier this season.
Montreal had suffered a loss in the toughness category last week when Brandon Prust was lost for the season with a rib injury. The club’s other enforcer, George Parros, was scratched for tonight’s game.
For Miller, the fight further established him as one of the more dangerous fighters in his weight class, having already scored victories over the likes of Ottawa’s Zack Smith and San Jose’s Mike Brown.
Update: Montreal has announced that neither Moen nor Weise will return to tonight’s game.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)