Mar 24, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
The game actually marks Carter’s first return to Philadelphia since he was traded in 2011. He was here with the Columbus Blue Jackets but was injured and didn’t play. Richards returned in October 2011 and predictably was greeted with a mix of cheers and boos. The duo expects more of the same tonight.
Since being traded out of Philadelphia in the summer of 2011 — reportedly because of their “hard-partying ways” — the two ex-Flyers stars have been reunited in Los Angeles, where they won the Stanley Cup together in 2012.
But that’s in the past now. The Flyers go into tonight’s game playing their best hockey of the season. They’ve won five straight and are 12-2-1 since the beginning of February. Included in those 12 victories are wins over St. Louis, Pittsburgh (twice), Chicago, NY Rangers, San Jose, Colorado and L.A.
Which is to say, they’ve beaten some pretty good teams.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (80)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)