Mar 24, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
The game actually marks Carter’s first return to Philadelphia since he was traded in 2011. He was here with the Columbus Blue Jackets but was injured and didn’t play. Richards returned in October 2011 and predictably was greeted with a mix of cheers and boos. The duo expects more of the same tonight.
Since being traded out of Philadelphia in the summer of 2011 — reportedly because of their “hard-partying ways” — the two ex-Flyers stars have been reunited in Los Angeles, where they won the Stanley Cup together in 2012.
But that’s in the past now. The Flyers go into tonight’s game playing their best hockey of the season. They’ve won five straight and are 12-2-1 since the beginning of February. Included in those 12 victories are wins over St. Louis, Pittsburgh (twice), Chicago, NY Rangers, San Jose, Colorado and L.A.
Which is to say, they’ve beaten some pretty good teams.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5