Mar 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Ottawa Senators defenseman Chris Phillips left Monday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first period with an upper-body injury and did not return, according to Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen.
Phillips’ last shift came late in the first period, after he was driven hard into the end boards by Lightning forward Ryan Malone.
Malone was assessed a minor penalty for boarding. The Senators managed to get a 4-3 shootout win over the Lightning, ending a six-game losing streak.
The Senators finish off their current three-game road trip on Tuesday, as they face the Florida Panthers. It doesn’t seem as though they’ll have Phillips in that game.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54