Mar 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators defenseman Chris Phillips left Monday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first period with an upper-body injury and did not return, according to Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen.
Phillips’ last shift came late in the first period, after he was driven hard into the end boards by Lightning forward Ryan Malone.
Malone was assessed a minor penalty for boarding. The Senators managed to get a 4-3 shootout win over the Lightning, ending a six-game losing streak.
The Senators finish off their current three-game road trip on Tuesday, as they face the Florida Panthers. It doesn’t seem as though they’ll have Phillips in that game.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6