Mar 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators defenseman Chris Phillips left Monday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first period with an upper-body injury and did not return, according to Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen.
Phillips’ last shift came late in the first period, after he was driven hard into the end boards by Lightning forward Ryan Malone.
Malone was assessed a minor penalty for boarding. The Senators managed to get a 4-3 shootout win over the Lightning, ending a six-game losing streak.
The Senators finish off their current three-game road trip on Tuesday, as they face the Florida Panthers. It doesn’t seem as though they’ll have Phillips in that game.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53