Mar 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators defenseman Chris Phillips left Monday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first period with an upper-body injury and did not return, according to Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen.
Phillips’ last shift came late in the first period, after he was driven hard into the end boards by Lightning forward Ryan Malone.
Malone was assessed a minor penalty for boarding. The Senators managed to get a 4-3 shootout win over the Lightning, ending a six-game losing streak.
The Senators finish off their current three-game road trip on Tuesday, as they face the Florida Panthers. It doesn’t seem as though they’ll have Phillips in that game.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 16
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 14
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 60
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (61)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)