Mar 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators defenseman Chris Phillips left Monday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first period with an upper-body injury and did not return, according to Wayne Scanlan of the Ottawa Citizen.
Phillips’ last shift came late in the first period, after he was driven hard into the end boards by Lightning forward Ryan Malone.
Malone was assessed a minor penalty for boarding. The Senators managed to get a 4-3 shootout win over the Lightning, ending a six-game losing streak.
The Senators finish off their current three-game road trip on Tuesday, as they face the Florida Panthers. It doesn’t seem as though they’ll have Phillips in that game.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 64
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50