Mar 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Jim Rutherford is expected to give up his role as general manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, according to the News & Observer newspaper in Raleigh.
Rutherford — who may or may not stay on as club president — will reportedly be succeeded as GM by Ron Francis, currently the club’s vice president of hockey operations (and a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame).
The Hurricanes are on pace to miss the playoffs for the fifth straight season. They’ve qualified for the postseason just once since winning the Stanley Cup in 2006.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22