Mar 24, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
After years of good health, it seems time is catching up to Henrik Sedin.
The Canucks captain, who earlier this year saw his 679-game iron man streak come to an end, will reportedly miss the next two weeks with a lower-body injury suffered against Buffalo on Sunday, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Sedin, 33, has already missed eight games this year with a nagging rib injury that also kept him out of the Winter Olympics. Along with his health, his production has also taken a hit — he has just 10 goals and 46 points through 65 games, and is on pace for his lowest full-season point total since the 2003-04 campaign (Sedin actually had 45 points in 48 games during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, for comparison’s sake.)
The news of Sedin’s injury will be yet another serious blow to Vancouver’s slim playoff chances. The club only just returned the services of Henrik’s brother, Daniel, who missed nine games with a strained left hamstring; the club also recently returned Ryan Kesler to the lineup after he missed four games with a knee issue.
Jul 2, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
He was fired by Toronto back in April.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
Doug Armstrong dipped into the free agency pool Thursday evening for some depth signings.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
They’re two-way contracts worth $650,000.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
He’s looking forward to playing with Ovechkin and Backstrom in Washington.
Jul 2, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
They’ve also inked UFA Jordan Caron.
Jul 2, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s a one-year, two-way deal.
Jul 2, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Washington continues to load up.
Jul 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
There’s no “timetables for next steps,” according to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
The 27-year-old is looking forward to a fresh start in Pittsburgh.
Jul 2, 2015, 3:34 PM EDT
Acquired from Toronto at last year’s trade deadline.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:57 PM EDT
Leagues will continue to respect each other’s contracts. But that’s it.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:52 PM EDT
Pleads no contest to misdemeanor count of corporal injury to a spouse.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
Boughner coached against DeBoer in the OHL, Hedberg played for him in New Jersey.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:02 PM EDT
The Mike Gillis era is just a memory now.
Jul 2, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
Former Hart Trophy winner announced his retirement on Thursday.
Jul 2, 2015, 1:35 PM EDT
Pittsburgh? Florida? New Jersey? KHL?
Jul 2, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
“At some point Justin became more affordable to us, and we started to lean his way.”
Jul 2, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
“At the end of the day, nobody wants to get traded two times. But it’s a learning curve.”
Jul 2, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
But reports suggest Edmonton, Columbus and Philly are interested.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
24-year-old has appeared in 220 NHL contests, all with Nashville.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)