Mar 24, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
After years of good health, it seems time is catching up to Henrik Sedin.
The Canucks captain, who earlier this year saw his 679-game iron man streak come to an end, will reportedly miss the next two weeks with a lower-body injury suffered against Buffalo on Sunday, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Sedin, 33, has already missed eight games this year with a nagging rib injury that also kept him out of the Winter Olympics. Along with his health, his production has also taken a hit — he has just 10 goals and 46 points through 65 games, and is on pace for his lowest full-season point total since the 2003-04 campaign (Sedin actually had 45 points in 48 games during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, for comparison’s sake.)
The news of Sedin’s injury will be yet another serious blow to Vancouver’s slim playoff chances. The club only just returned the services of Henrik’s brother, Daniel, who missed nine games with a strained left hamstring; the club also recently returned Ryan Kesler to the lineup after he missed four games with a knee issue.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
He doesn’t know how to haggle.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Dallas Stars version.
Jul 31, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
Let’s make a big deal out of this, shall we?
Jul 31, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
A “well-deserved” honor, according to Ed Snider.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Beginning with the Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings. Click for the full 30-team schedule.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
Brandon Sutter next?
Jul 31, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
Went 12-15-6 with a .913 save percentage last season for Ottawa.
Jul 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
But he also won’t require surgery.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
All that and more, inside.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
They’ll face off against Canada and Russia at a tournament in Toronto next week.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Acquired last season in exchange for Krys Barch.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
“We’re moving along on that.”
Jul 30, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
“We haven’t approached it in that respect.”
Jul 30, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
This time, it features just one plaintiff — former Bruin Jon Rohloff.
Jul 30, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Alternate captain notched a career-high in goals last year.
Jul 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
“Usually this isn’t the time to fight for the big contract.”
Jul 30, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Jim Hiller is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Todd McLellan, Paul MacLean, and Bill Peters.
Jul 30, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Finnish club is moving to the KHL next season.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
Arbitration hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
After not giving him a qualifying offer.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 23
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)