Mar 24, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
After years of good health, it seems time is catching up to Henrik Sedin.
The Canucks captain, who earlier this year saw his 679-game iron man streak come to an end, will reportedly miss the next two weeks with a lower-body injury suffered against Buffalo on Sunday, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Sedin, 33, has already missed eight games this year with a nagging rib injury that also kept him out of the Winter Olympics. Along with his health, his production has also taken a hit — he has just 10 goals and 46 points through 65 games, and is on pace for his lowest full-season point total since the 2003-04 campaign (Sedin actually had 45 points in 48 games during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, for comparison’s sake.)
The news of Sedin’s injury will be yet another serious blow to Vancouver’s slim playoff chances. The club only just returned the services of Henrik’s brother, Daniel, who missed nine games with a strained left hamstring; the club also recently returned Ryan Kesler to the lineup after he missed four games with a knee issue.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)