Mar 24, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
After years of good health, it seems time is catching up to Henrik Sedin.
The Canucks captain, who earlier this year saw his 679-game iron man streak come to an end, will reportedly miss the next two weeks with a lower-body injury suffered against Buffalo on Sunday, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Sedin, 33, has already missed eight games this year with a nagging rib injury that also kept him out of the Winter Olympics. Along with his health, his production has also taken a hit — he has just 10 goals and 46 points through 65 games, and is on pace for his lowest full-season point total since the 2003-04 campaign (Sedin actually had 45 points in 48 games during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, for comparison’s sake.)
The news of Sedin’s injury will be yet another serious blow to Vancouver’s slim playoff chances. The club only just returned the services of Henrik’s brother, Daniel, who missed nine games with a strained left hamstring; the club also recently returned Ryan Kesler to the lineup after he missed four games with a knee issue.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)