Mar 24, 2014, 7:06 PM EST
After years of good health, it seems time is catching up to Henrik Sedin.
The Canucks captain, who earlier this year saw his 679-game iron man streak come to an end, will reportedly miss the next two weeks with a lower-body injury suffered against Buffalo on Sunday, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Sedin, 33, has already missed eight games this year with a nagging rib injury that also kept him out of the Winter Olympics. Along with his health, his production has also taken a hit — he has just 10 goals and 46 points through 65 games, and is on pace for his lowest full-season point total since the 2003-04 campaign (Sedin actually had 45 points in 48 games during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, for comparison’s sake.)
The news of Sedin’s injury will be yet another serious blow to Vancouver’s slim playoff chances. The club only just returned the services of Henrik’s brother, Daniel, who missed nine games with a strained left hamstring; the club also recently returned Ryan Kesler to the lineup after he missed four games with a knee issue.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 26
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 13
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 81
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)