Mar 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
Consider this a step in the right direction, as Detroit Red Wings veteran forward Pavel Datsyuk has started skating again. Datsyuk made the announcement via Twitter on Monday.
Datsyuk hasn’t played since Feb. 27 because of a knee injury, and he was essentially shut down earlier this month because of it. But now that he has started skating, what’s next?
“Don’t know what’s next. I’ll talk to the trainers and doctors to see what’s next, but right now he’s still going through the time he needs to give it a chance to heal,” Red Wings general manager Ken Holland told Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front.
The Red Wings have been ravaged by injuries this season.
According to Rotoworld, here is a list of injuries for Detroit: Datsyuk (knee); Todd Bertuzzi (flu); Jonathan Ericsson (finger); Justin Abdelkader (leg); Tomas Jurco (ribs); Daniel Cleary (knee); Henrik Zetterberg (back); Stephen Weiss (groin).
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 21
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)