Mar 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
Consider this a step in the right direction, as Detroit Red Wings veteran forward Pavel Datsyuk has started skating again. Datsyuk made the announcement via Twitter on Monday.
Datsyuk hasn’t played since Feb. 27 because of a knee injury, and he was essentially shut down earlier this month because of it. But now that he has started skating, what’s next?
“Don’t know what’s next. I’ll talk to the trainers and doctors to see what’s next, but right now he’s still going through the time he needs to give it a chance to heal,” Red Wings general manager Ken Holland told Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front.
The Red Wings have been ravaged by injuries this season.
According to Rotoworld, here is a list of injuries for Detroit: Datsyuk (knee); Todd Bertuzzi (flu); Jonathan Ericsson (finger); Justin Abdelkader (leg); Tomas Jurco (ribs); Daniel Cleary (knee); Henrik Zetterberg (back); Stephen Weiss (groin).
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 1
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 7
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 37
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)