Mar 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
Consider this a step in the right direction, as Detroit Red Wings veteran forward Pavel Datsyuk has started skating again. Datsyuk made the announcement via Twitter on Monday.
Datsyuk hasn’t played since Feb. 27 because of a knee injury, and he was essentially shut down earlier this month because of it. But now that he has started skating, what’s next?
“Don’t know what’s next. I’ll talk to the trainers and doctors to see what’s next, but right now he’s still going through the time he needs to give it a chance to heal,” Red Wings general manager Ken Holland told Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front.
The Red Wings have been ravaged by injuries this season.
According to Rotoworld, here is a list of injuries for Detroit: Datsyuk (knee); Todd Bertuzzi (flu); Jonathan Ericsson (finger); Justin Abdelkader (leg); Tomas Jurco (ribs); Daniel Cleary (knee); Henrik Zetterberg (back); Stephen Weiss (groin).
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)