Mar 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
Consider this a step in the right direction, as Detroit Red Wings veteran forward Pavel Datsyuk has started skating again. Datsyuk made the announcement via Twitter on Monday.
Datsyuk hasn’t played since Feb. 27 because of a knee injury, and he was essentially shut down earlier this month because of it. But now that he has started skating, what’s next?
“Don’t know what’s next. I’ll talk to the trainers and doctors to see what’s next, but right now he’s still going through the time he needs to give it a chance to heal,” Red Wings general manager Ken Holland told Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front.
The Red Wings have been ravaged by injuries this season.
According to Rotoworld, here is a list of injuries for Detroit: Datsyuk (knee); Todd Bertuzzi (flu); Jonathan Ericsson (finger); Justin Abdelkader (leg); Tomas Jurco (ribs); Daniel Cleary (knee); Henrik Zetterberg (back); Stephen Weiss (groin).
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)