Mar 24, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
Consider this a step in the right direction, as Detroit Red Wings veteran forward Pavel Datsyuk has started skating again. Datsyuk made the announcement via Twitter on Monday.
Dear All, I started skating. Hoping to play soon. Thanks for your support!—
Pavel Datsyuk (@Datsyuk13) March 25, 2014
Datsyuk hasn’t played since Feb. 27 because of a knee injury, and he was essentially shut down earlier this month because of it. But now that he has started skating, what’s next?
“Don’t know what’s next. I’ll talk to the trainers and doctors to see what’s next, but right now he’s still going through the time he needs to give it a chance to heal,” Red Wings general manager Ken Holland told Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front.
The Red Wings have been ravaged by injuries this season.
According to Rotoworld, here is a list of injuries for Detroit: Datsyuk (knee); Todd Bertuzzi (flu); Jonathan Ericsson (finger); Justin Abdelkader (leg); Tomas Jurco (ribs); Daniel Cleary (knee); Henrik Zetterberg (back); Stephen Weiss (groin).
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 11
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 36
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21