Mar 24, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
It’s no secret Teemu Selanne has been unhappy recently with his playing time and how he’s been used in Anaheim. Now that he’s playing on the team’s top line with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, it’s paying off and he’s loving life. (Ducks)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s late NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Monday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
How bad are things for the Maple Leafs right now? They’ve lost five in a row and have given up a nine point lead in the standings on the competition. (Sportsnet)
Devils coach Peter DeBoer said after beating the Leafs last night that if they keep getting strong goaltending they can win every night. They might have to do that to make the playoffs. (Fire & Ice)
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34