Mar 24, 2014, 8:20 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
It’s no secret Teemu Selanne has been unhappy recently with his playing time and how he’s been used in Anaheim. Now that he’s playing on the team’s top line with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, it’s paying off and he’s loving life. (Ducks)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s late NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Monday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
How bad are things for the Maple Leafs right now? They’ve lost five in a row and have given up a nine point lead in the standings on the competition. (Sportsnet)
Devils coach Peter DeBoer said after beating the Leafs last night that if they keep getting strong goaltending they can win every night. They might have to do that to make the playoffs. (Fire & Ice)
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4