Mar 24, 2014, 8:20 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
It’s no secret Teemu Selanne has been unhappy recently with his playing time and how he’s been used in Anaheim. Now that he’s playing on the team’s top line with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, it’s paying off and he’s loving life. (Ducks)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s late NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Monday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
How bad are things for the Maple Leafs right now? They’ve lost five in a row and have given up a nine point lead in the standings on the competition. (Sportsnet)
Devils coach Peter DeBoer said after beating the Leafs last night that if they keep getting strong goaltending they can win every night. They might have to do that to make the playoffs. (Fire & Ice)
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11