Mar 24, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets will have to go one more game without goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Jets coach Paul Maurice told reporters Sunday afternoon Pavelec wouldn’t play against Dallas as Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press shares. He’s been out of action since March 14 with a lower-body injury.
“Inching forward,” was what Jets coach Paul Maurice said. “He’s not playing [Monday].”
The Jets are 2-2-0 since Pavelec was injured against the New York Rangers and sit six points back of the Phoenix Coyotes for the second wild card in the Western Conference.
Pavelec has had a tough season for the Jets with a .902 save percentage. Al Montoya had a strong season as a backup, but in the four games he’s started since the injury to Pavelec he has a .901 save percentage. Pavelec has three years remaining on his five-year, $19.5 million contract.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)