Mar 24, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets will have to go one more game without goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Jets coach Paul Maurice told reporters Sunday afternoon Pavelec wouldn’t play against Dallas as Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press shares. He’s been out of action since March 14 with a lower-body injury.
“Inching forward,” was what Jets coach Paul Maurice said. “He’s not playing [Monday].”
The Jets are 2-2-0 since Pavelec was injured against the New York Rangers and sit six points back of the Phoenix Coyotes for the second wild card in the Western Conference.
Pavelec has had a tough season for the Jets with a .902 save percentage. Al Montoya had a strong season as a backup, but in the four games he’s started since the injury to Pavelec he has a .901 save percentage. Pavelec has three years remaining on his five-year, $19.5 million contract.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)