Mar 24, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets will have to go one more game without goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Jets coach Paul Maurice told reporters Sunday afternoon Pavelec wouldn’t play against Dallas as Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press shares. He’s been out of action since March 14 with a lower-body injury.
“Inching forward,” was what Jets coach Paul Maurice said. “He’s not playing [Monday].”
The Jets are 2-2-0 since Pavelec was injured against the New York Rangers and sit six points back of the Phoenix Coyotes for the second wild card in the Western Conference.
Pavelec has had a tough season for the Jets with a .902 save percentage. Al Montoya had a strong season as a backup, but in the four games he’s started since the injury to Pavelec he has a .901 save percentage. Pavelec has three years remaining on his five-year, $19.5 million contract.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)