Mar 24, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets will have to go one more game without goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Jets coach Paul Maurice told reporters Sunday afternoon Pavelec wouldn’t play against Dallas as Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press shares. He’s been out of action since March 14 with a lower-body injury.
“Inching forward,” was what Jets coach Paul Maurice said. “He’s not playing [Monday].”
The Jets are 2-2-0 since Pavelec was injured against the New York Rangers and sit six points back of the Phoenix Coyotes for the second wild card in the Western Conference.
Pavelec has had a tough season for the Jets with a .902 save percentage. Al Montoya had a strong season as a backup, but in the four games he’s started since the injury to Pavelec he has a .901 save percentage. Pavelec has three years remaining on his five-year, $19.5 million contract.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)