Mar 24, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets will have to go one more game without goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Jets coach Paul Maurice told reporters Sunday afternoon Pavelec wouldn’t play against Dallas as Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press shares. He’s been out of action since March 14 with a lower-body injury.
“Inching forward,” was what Jets coach Paul Maurice said. “He’s not playing [Monday].”
The Jets are 2-2-0 since Pavelec was injured against the New York Rangers and sit six points back of the Phoenix Coyotes for the second wild card in the Western Conference.
Pavelec has had a tough season for the Jets with a .902 save percentage. Al Montoya had a strong season as a backup, but in the four games he’s started since the injury to Pavelec he has a .901 save percentage. Pavelec has three years remaining on his five-year, $19.5 million contract.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 15
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)