Mar 24, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
Nyquist led all players with six goals and tied for the League lead with seven points to help the Red Wings (33-24-14, 80 points) earn seven of a possible eight points and move into the first Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Lundqvist posted a 3-0-0 record with a 1.67 goals-against average, .942 save percentage and one shutout to backstop the Rangers (39-29-4, 82 points) to three consecutive victories, helping the team move into third place in the Metropolitan Division.
Iginla tied for second in the NHL with five goals in four outings to help the Bruins (49 17 5, 103 points) extend their winning streak to 12 games and take over the top spot in the NHL standings. He recorded 2-0—2 in a 4-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild March 17.
Consistent with Detroit’s organizational philosophy, the Wings have been patient with Nyquist’s development since drafting him 121st overall in 2008. After a good deal of time in college and in the AHL, the 24-year-old is enjoying a breakout season in the NHL, with 23 goals in 46 games.
“We play [in Grand Rapids] the way we do up here and it’s a great league to develop in and to learn the pro game,” said Nyquist of his AHL experience, per MLive.com.
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 8
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 3
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 30
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 37
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (37)