Mar 24, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
Nyquist led all players with six goals and tied for the League lead with seven points to help the Red Wings (33-24-14, 80 points) earn seven of a possible eight points and move into the first Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Lundqvist posted a 3-0-0 record with a 1.67 goals-against average, .942 save percentage and one shutout to backstop the Rangers (39-29-4, 82 points) to three consecutive victories, helping the team move into third place in the Metropolitan Division.
Iginla tied for second in the NHL with five goals in four outings to help the Bruins (49 17 5, 103 points) extend their winning streak to 12 games and take over the top spot in the NHL standings. He recorded 2-0—2 in a 4-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild March 17.
Consistent with Detroit’s organizational philosophy, the Wings have been patient with Nyquist’s development since drafting him 121st overall in 2008. After a good deal of time in college and in the AHL, the 24-year-old is enjoying a breakout season in the NHL, with 23 goals in 46 games.
“We play [in Grand Rapids] the way we do up here and it’s a great league to develop in and to learn the pro game,” said Nyquist of his AHL experience, per MLive.com.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)