Mar 24, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
Nyquist led all players with six goals and tied for the League lead with seven points to help the Red Wings (33-24-14, 80 points) earn seven of a possible eight points and move into the first Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Lundqvist posted a 3-0-0 record with a 1.67 goals-against average, .942 save percentage and one shutout to backstop the Rangers (39-29-4, 82 points) to three consecutive victories, helping the team move into third place in the Metropolitan Division.
Iginla tied for second in the NHL with five goals in four outings to help the Bruins (49 17 5, 103 points) extend their winning streak to 12 games and take over the top spot in the NHL standings. He recorded 2-0—2 in a 4-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild March 17.
Consistent with Detroit’s organizational philosophy, the Wings have been patient with Nyquist’s development since drafting him 121st overall in 2008. After a good deal of time in college and in the AHL, the 24-year-old is enjoying a breakout season in the NHL, with 23 goals in 46 games.
“We play [in Grand Rapids] the way we do up here and it’s a great league to develop in and to learn the pro game,” said Nyquist of his AHL experience, per MLive.com.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 1
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)