Mar 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Habs turn to Budaj
Peter Budaj will get the start tonight for Montreal, as the Habs look to stop Boston’s 12-game winning streak.
Budaj hasn’t played since Mar. 12 when, ironically enough, he played against the Bruins and allowed four goals on 32 shots in a loss. It’s unclear what, if anything, Budaj showed in that performance to warrant the start this evening — the Habs will play back-to-back games against Boston and Buffalo tonight and tomorrow, suggesting that Carey Price will go against the Sabres on Tuesday.
That said, perhaps Habs head coach Michel Therrien is playing the odds in starting Budaj. The Slovak netminder has been pretty good against Boston throughout his career, going 4-2-1 with a .913 save percentage and 2.64 GAA.
Tuukka Rask is likely to be in goal for the Bruins tonight.
Jets ride Montoya
Montoya has been fine, but not great, during the course of his temporary starting gig. He allowed three goals on 32 shots in Saturday’s loss to Carolina and has posted a 2.75 GAA and .901 save percentage since Pavelec got hurt.
Tonight, he’ll be up against Kari Lehtonen in the Stars’ net.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8