Mar 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Habs turn to Budaj
Peter Budaj will get the start tonight for Montreal, as the Habs look to stop Boston’s 12-game winning streak.
Budaj hasn’t played since Mar. 12 when, ironically enough, he played against the Bruins and allowed four goals on 32 shots in a loss. It’s unclear what, if anything, Budaj showed in that performance to warrant the start this evening — the Habs will play back-to-back games against Boston and Buffalo tonight and tomorrow, suggesting that Carey Price will go against the Sabres on Tuesday.
That said, perhaps Habs head coach Michel Therrien is playing the odds in starting Budaj. The Slovak netminder has been pretty good against Boston throughout his career, going 4-2-1 with a .913 save percentage and 2.64 GAA.
Tuukka Rask is likely to be in goal for the Bruins tonight.
Jets ride Montoya
Montoya has been fine, but not great, during the course of his temporary starting gig. He allowed three goals on 32 shots in Saturday’s loss to Carolina and has posted a 2.75 GAA and .901 save percentage since Pavelec got hurt.
Tonight, he’ll be up against Kari Lehtonen in the Stars’ net.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)