Mar 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Habs turn to Budaj
Peter Budaj will get the start tonight for Montreal, as the Habs look to stop Boston’s 12-game winning streak.
Budaj hasn’t played since Mar. 12 when, ironically enough, he played against the Bruins and allowed four goals on 32 shots in a loss. It’s unclear what, if anything, Budaj showed in that performance to warrant the start this evening — the Habs will play back-to-back games against Boston and Buffalo tonight and tomorrow, suggesting that Carey Price will go against the Sabres on Tuesday.
That said, perhaps Habs head coach Michel Therrien is playing the odds in starting Budaj. The Slovak netminder has been pretty good against Boston throughout his career, going 4-2-1 with a .913 save percentage and 2.64 GAA.
Tuukka Rask is likely to be in goal for the Bruins tonight.
Jets ride Montoya
Montoya has been fine, but not great, during the course of his temporary starting gig. He allowed three goals on 32 shots in Saturday’s loss to Carolina and has posted a 2.75 GAA and .901 save percentage since Pavelec got hurt.
Tonight, he’ll be up against Kari Lehtonen in the Stars’ net.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)