Mar 24, 2014, 10:42 PM EDT
It had a playoff atmosphere, as the Montreal Canadiens went into Boston to face the red-hot Bruins.
This was a nasty, hard-hitting meeting between two of hockey fiercest rivals from the Original Six era. On this night, it was the Canadiens that came away victorious by a final score of 2-1 in the shootout. That ends the Bruins’ winning streak at 12.
- Despite the result, the Bruins still have to be considered the favorite in the Eastern Conference. For long stretches, the Bruins had the run of the play Monday, but got unlucky by hitting some goal posts, and Habs’ goalie Peter Budaj was spectacular.
- Budaj, by the way, made 28 saves in this start. It was an interesting decision to start Budaj over a healthy Carey Price, who could start Tuesday against the Buffalo Sabres.
- The Canadiens have won six of the last seven regular season meetings between these two teams. So, that’s something to think about heading into the post-season.
- Scary moment in this one, as Habs’ forward Travis Moen left the game after taking a punch to the head during a first-period fight with Kevan Miller. Moen was responding to a hit Miller threw on Dale Weise. Both Moen and Weise left the game and did not return.
- Both teams finished 1-for-6 on the power play. The Bruins had four straight third period power plays, with Patrice Bergeron finally capitalizing on the final one.
Apr 21, 2015, 1:52 AM EDT
The Jets, and Winnipeg, feel the crush of defeat.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:55 AM EDT
Down 2-1 in the series.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:33 AM EDT
Another comeback victory for Anaheim.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 10:54 PM EDT
Devan Dubnyk produces his first playoff shutout.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
It drew a two-minute roughing penalty.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
No call on the first collision.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
Will shifting locales produce interesting results?
Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
A close-to-perfect road effort from New York.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
New Jersey’s only player who went under the knife this offseason.
Apr 20, 2015, 8:51 PM EDT
He needs some help, though.
Apr 20, 2015, 7:36 PM EDT
Sleepy start by Pittsburgh.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
His issue is an upper-body injury.
Apr 20, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
But will he be around to see it happen?
Apr 20, 2015, 4:49 PM EDT
Things can change quickly in the playoffs.
Apr 20, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
He did share some buzzwords though.
Apr 20, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Upper-body injury for the veteran forward.
Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’
Apr 20, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
Was he talking about the Oilers? Sharks?
Apr 20, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Corey Crawford will sit, once again, against the Preds.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)