Mar 24, 2014, 10:42 PM EDT
It had a playoff atmosphere, as the Montreal Canadiens went into Boston to face the red-hot Bruins.
This was a nasty, hard-hitting meeting between two of hockey fiercest rivals from the Original Six era. On this night, it was the Canadiens that came away victorious by a final score of 2-1 in the shootout. That ends the Bruins’ winning streak at 12.
- Despite the result, the Bruins still have to be considered the favorite in the Eastern Conference. For long stretches, the Bruins had the run of the play Monday, but got unlucky by hitting some goal posts, and Habs’ goalie Peter Budaj was spectacular.
- Budaj, by the way, made 28 saves in this start. It was an interesting decision to start Budaj over a healthy Carey Price, who could start Tuesday against the Buffalo Sabres.
- The Canadiens have won six of the last seven regular season meetings between these two teams. So, that’s something to think about heading into the post-season.
- Scary moment in this one, as Habs’ forward Travis Moen left the game after taking a punch to the head during a first-period fight with Kevan Miller. Moen was responding to a hit Miller threw on Dale Weise. Both Moen and Weise left the game and did not return.
- Both teams finished 1-for-6 on the power play. The Bruins had four straight third period power plays, with Patrice Bergeron finally capitalizing on the final one.
Oct 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Caps are off on a road trip to Western Canada.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Coach Cooper cites the long trip to Edmonton from Syracuse as reason to keep the rookie out against the Oilers.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
A fairly well-deserved honor.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
News and notes from the blue paint…
Oct 20, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
Matt Bartkowski expected to step in tomorrow versus San Jose.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Already has seven points in seven games this season.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Oct 20, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Terrible luck for the 22-year-old rookie d-man.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Club addressed the domestic assault charges in a brief statement Monday.
Oct 20, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Johan Franzen has been placed on IR.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
Lots of questions being asked in Winnipeg.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Court date scheduled for Oct. 22.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:24 PM EDT
Hard lines, T.J. Brodie.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Tampa Bay’s blue line is one of the deepest in the NHL.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Darcy Kuemper has been excellent for the Wild.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Played just over 14 minutes in a loss to Anaheim on Sunday.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Boston hosts San Jose tomorrow.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
Was reportedly arrested this morning.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
They don’t mind killing off his penalties.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
It’s no secret that they’re losing a lot of money.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (76)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)