Mar 24, 2014, 10:42 PM EST
It had a playoff atmosphere, as the Montreal Canadiens went into Boston to face the red-hot Bruins.
This was a nasty, hard-hitting meeting between two of hockey fiercest rivals from the Original Six era. On this night, it was the Canadiens that came away victorious by a final score of 2-1 in the shootout. That ends the Bruins’ winning streak at 12.
- Despite the result, the Bruins still have to be considered the favorite in the Eastern Conference. For long stretches, the Bruins had the run of the play Monday, but got unlucky by hitting some goal posts, and Habs’ goalie Peter Budaj was spectacular.
- Budaj, by the way, made 28 saves in this start. It was an interesting decision to start Budaj over a healthy Carey Price, who could start Tuesday against the Buffalo Sabres.
- The Canadiens have won six of the last seven regular season meetings between these two teams. So, that’s something to think about heading into the post-season.
- Scary moment in this one, as Habs’ forward Travis Moen left the game after taking a punch to the head during a first-period fight with Kevan Miller. Moen was responding to a hit Miller threw on Dale Weise. Both Moen and Weise left the game and did not return.
- Both teams finished 1-for-6 on the power play. The Bruins had four straight third period power plays, with Patrice Bergeron finally capitalizing on the final one.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
“Sometimes it’s one step forward and two steps back.”
Dec 18, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
With a hairline fracture in his ankle.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
Along with builder Fran Rider, and former Swedish international Maria Rooth.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
Former 20-goal scorer — and Stanley Cup winner — has been a bust in Nashville.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
“It’s a pretty simple game I play, and if they’re not a fan of it, I’ve got to play somewhere else, I guess.”
Dec 18, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Where he’ll play alongside Rangers forward Anthony Duclair.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
The 21-year-old had three points in four games.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Thomas Greiss is being isolated in case he also has the ailment.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
“He respected all of you unconditionally.”
Dec 18, 2014, 8:34 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:25 AM EST
Vancouver has now lost a season-high five straight.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:05 AM EST
Chris Stewart is one name, which has been linked to Boston.
Dec 18, 2014, 1:40 AM EST
He’s even walking under his own power according to the report.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Calgary signed Bob Hartley to a multi-year extension Wednesday.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
The Devils have lost five straight.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Boston snaps three game skid.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Jason Akeson was in on the action for the Flyers’ affiliate.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
New Jersey has lost five straight on home ice.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
New Jersey has now lost five straight.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Detroit ranks 30th this season in fighting majors.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24